cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use a third party's FedEx account for a shipment

SarahATX

Original post by user Andy Lafler

I have a fedex account with Shipstation but my customer wants me to use his account number to ship some items. i don't see where I can enter a different fedex account number

3 REPLIES 3

SarahATX

Hello Andy, 

If you are needing to bill your customer's account you can use the following instructions from our Third-Party Billing Guide on our help center.

Basically, here is what you do:

1. Set the shipping service and package type for the order.

Since ShipStation requires you to first select the correct service, this means you must already have your own carrier account connected to ShipStation.

For example, to bill to a recipient's UPS account, you must have your own UPS account connected to ShipStation, then select a UPS service for that order.

2. Go to Other Shipping Options in the Shipping Sidebar and click the Shipping Account drop-down.
    ShipStation Other Shipping Options:
    3rdparty2.png

ShipStation Legacy Other Shipping Options:
    3rdparty1.png

1. Choose either Third Party or Recipient from the list.

2. Enter the third party Account #, Billing Country, and Billing Zip (Postal Code).

3. Create the label.

And that should do it!

AlexHD
First-timer

This no longer works - please post an updated solution. 

Hey there @AlexHD

When I just attempted this posted solution on my side, it worked as intended. Could you clarify for us which step you are getting stuck on? Definitely want to help you out my friend! 

If you are unable to utilize any third party accounts, please reach out to our support team so that one of our agents can investigate this with you directly in your account. 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!