cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay not being notified of shipments

sams
New Contributor

I ship some eBay items via USPS letter rate. For the last week or so, items without tracking are not being shown as shipped in eBay. Is there a fix for this?

11 REPLIES 11

CaraAdmin
Khoros

Hello @sams!

Thank you for your post! I apologize for the issue you're experiencing. I recommend reaching out to support so they can troubleshoot this problem for you. If this turns out to be a widespread issue with ShipStation, we will ensure it receives the necessary attention.

Happy Shipping!

-Cara

thetraveler333
Occasional Contributor

I am having the same problem. It's not marking items as shipped on ebay and it's affecting my metrics big time. NOT good! Are you all informing ebay of this problem and telling them to consider this before hammering sellers?

Right now Shipstation support says it is not a problem on their end. I took have gotten dinged for "late shipments" because I didn't realize it wasn't updating right away.

It is a problem on ShipStations end. I had to build a custom python script to correct the issue.

sams
New Contributor

Thank you for sharing this, I let the Shipstation support person working with me this and they told me they have confirmed the marketplace is being notified and it is an eBay issue. 

Can you please verify what the issue with their API is exactly? I sent data to their API regarding these orders and I have no problem marking them as shipped myself. I’d be glad to send the function calls to you guys if you’d actually use them. This isn’t the first time this has happened and I always hear it’s ebays fault but then when I run the same calls to eBay, I never have any issue.

It’s clear that ShipStation isn’t sending the calls in the manner that they’d need to and I’d be happy to discuss with a senior dev because the fix is about 5 minutes worth of time.

Hello, @dbminting!

Thank you for your post! Our development team is aware of the issue with eBay notifications and is working diligently to resolve it. We understand the impact this has on our merchants and are striving to implement a fix as quickly as possible.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to support@shipstation.com

Happy Shipping!

-Cara

thetraveler333
Occasional Contributor

Any update on this? I am STILL having to mark these shipments as shipped on ebay's site. Shipments with tracking numbers are updating correctly, but envelope rate shipments with no tracking are not.

thetraveler333
Occasional Contributor

Yeah, no doubt it's a problem on shipstations end. As of now it is STILL not corrected. Personally I DO mind the extra step of manually updating orders on ebay's site. I am paying the monthly shipstation fee to avoid such extra work. That's the entire reason to use a third party shipping solution to begin with. That's like saying I will buy a car but I don't care if it runs or not.

My shipments marked as shipped today. I have no idea what changed between today and yesterday.

thetraveler333
Occasional Contributor

Seems to be working here too. I am glad it is fixed. Although better communication on here from them would have been nice. They used to have GREAT customer service and ALWAYS replied to every post. I guess it's like everything else, it's going downhill.