cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address changes made in Shopify do not update in Shipstation - How are you dealing with that?

ec007
Contributor

I recently discovered address changes, such as the ones made by customers and customer service DO NOT update in the order feed upon syncing. Our business sells a lot of pre-order items so there is a gap between order being placed and importing to Shipstation and order being shipped. During this time people change their addresses, so when we go to ship we now have to check every single address the day of shipping to ensure our shipments end up in the right place. Unfortunately the way this was discovered was by a few items going to the wrong address.

My question -- are we the only ones who have trouble with this? is there a work around? This takes up a lot of time to verify addresses the day of shipping. Dear Shipstation -- could you please change this!!!

To clarify I have reached out to support and they have been made aware of this issue; I was just curious if anyone else has this problem and if they have a better way to deal with it as it is taking up so much time in a day and causing so much stress.

8 REPLIES 8

bryanw
New Contributor

We have a similar issue with WooCommerce.

1. What is the "function" of  "Edit Recipient" in the Order Details screen? We have edited this, as customers change their addresses and it gets overwritten/reverted. Why allow us to edit if you don't keep it saved? We want the ability to have it NOT be overwritten.
  2. If a customer or we update the shipping fields in a WooCommerce order, does it then sync with Shipstation? (it should).
  3. And very specifically, how/what fields - Order fields and/or User fields does Shipstation push/pull the data from WooCommerce for the address updates? i.e. field mapping? Why is this not listed as an article in WooCommerce help on your site?

Thanks

bryanw
New Contributor

And neither updates the other.

Bug or it only syncs on the initial push to Shipstation?

https://ibb.co/ys2BX9T 

https://ibb.co/Dp7YrmH 

ec007
Contributor

I feel Shipstation should be taking this issue more seriously. In shipping, the correct address is probably the most important piece of information next to the items and quantity. This has already cost us hundreds of dollars as we started shipping out our pre-orders without realizing there was an issue. Now all addresses have to be manually checked against the information in Shopify adding hours of extra work! I'm puzzled why this doesn't seem important, having your items shipped to the wrong address sucks! and then you have to try to retrieve those items, so you pay for shipping again, then customers get angry and cancel their orders. Please fix this 🙂

A_Brown
Contributor

We use Sellercloud built as a custom store and Shift4Shop 3D Cart.  Niether allow the synch in shipping address fields.  This causes a lot of shipping issues and would be very smart to allow for read/writability between all the platforms and shipstations.

We now use Shipstation with BigCommerce, and address updates work!

RobC
Contributor

You could update it via the API yourself or using Make.com.  The problem I'm having though is that even though the order details have been updated via the API (in my case weight/height/length, weight, carrier etc) it seems to take minutes to hours for the change to show up on shipstation.   Has anyone else noticed this either with the API or when using an application that does synch changes with shipstation?

The weird thing is, I can actually make an API call immediately after doing an update and see that the order data HAS been updated, it's just not updating in the actual user interface.

I suspect this is a bug where they're doing some sort of dumb caching and not accessing the underlying data. It sort of makes the API useless for synchronizing data.   I opened a support ticket. will report back, but I would love to hear from anyone else who is having this issue.

ec007
Contributor

I have noticed addresses have been updating in Ship Station recently. This  may have been changed. 🙂

Are you having any issues with international addresses that do not have a state not updating? (I'm using the API directly)