cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
airsoftgn
First-timer (legacy)
We ship mostly with USPS first class and use light poly envelopes to ship items out which weigh .5oz-2oz. ShipStation allows you to have products to the tenth decimal, but when we use the automation features to add the dunnage factor of a .3oz envelope, we can only do whole numbers. This actually does make a difference in high volume/low profit businesses where a bump in first class price can make all the difference.
42 Comments
dmcintosh
First-timer (legacy)
Is this still on your radar? It has been a long time since you have been made aware of this and nothing has changed. We are trying to use your service, but can't until you allow these decimal settings for your package rules. We are a high volume low margin business that uses USPS.
dave35
First-timer (legacy)
Please get this added soon. If you put something into automation, it should operate the same as it does for a manual order. We should be able to duplicate what we can do there, otherwise it defeats the purpose of having it in automation.
julie7
New Contributor
Please make this happen
missy0313
First-timer (legacy)
Why in the world has this not been added. Are you kidding me? A feature that already exists in your system elsewhere should be an extremely easy addition especially when it's extremely vital to a majority of your customers.
liz_oldnewagain
First-timer (legacy)
I would LOVE this! As it is now, we have to manually add .5 oz to every order that needs it. Very time consuming! Thanks for considering this!
rick7
First-timer (legacy)
This is absolutely crucial for FedEx One Rate padded pak dimensions.
joe19
First-timer (legacy)
"This is absolutely crucial for FedEx One Rate padded pak dimensions." This comment above is what I'm referring to. Especially when coupled with the fact that SFP orders shipping with FedEx One Rate shipping, Amazon will only accept EXACT dimensions for us when creating a shipping label in ShipStation. For example, when I try to do a bulk action or create an automation rule respectively, when I enter in the dimensions it won't let me put in a period or rather a "." So when I enter in Pak 1 dimensions of 10.25 x 12.75 x .5 it appears this way 1025 x 1275 x 5. Meaning I then have to manually update all the orders that are SFP orders shipping with One Rate shipping. If my computer is slow that day (today it was) this is extremely annoying. These are the current dimensions supported by Amazon. I'm going to write this out in It's entirety as I want to indicate how important this is for my time savings going forward. Envelope 1 9.50" x 9.50" x 0.50" Envelope 2 9.50" x 15.50" x 0.50" Pak 1 10.25" x 12.75" x 0.50" Pak 2 12.00" x 15.50" x 0.50" Pak 3 11.75" x 14.75" x 0.50" Pak 4 10.00" x 14.50" x 0.50" Small Box 1 10.88" x 1.50" x 12.38" Small Box 2 9.75" x 2.63" x 11.25" Medium Box 1 11.50" x 2.38" x 13.25" Medium Box 2 8.75" x 4.38" x 11.25" Large Box 1 12.38" x 3.00" x 17.50" Large Box 2 8.75" x 7.75" x 11.25" Extra Large Box 1 11.88" x 10.75" x 11.00" Extra Large Box 2 15.75" x 14.13" x 6.00" FedEx Tube 6.00" x 6.00" x 38.00" Please make this change, now the biggest marketplace Amazon only accepts exact dimensions up to the decimal point on these types of orders. So now after you have waited 2017 days to make this change since July 23rd, 2012 there is actually an integration that only accepts an exact dimensions. I think now is the time to make this change... Please, thanks. -Joe
contact60
First-timer (legacy)
Absolutely imperative that this gets done. This ticket is over 6 years old now. It seems like it has gone on long enough and changes need to be made asap as this has gained a lot of traction lately.
brettc
First-timer
I support this feature and actually require this for my workflow. We've been using ShipStation for several years and we're looking to begin offering First Class Mail which has limits on weight. One example that I hope will sway the decision to implement this soon would be the following: Customer has 11.4 oz. of products in their order. Our store has the ability to add 1.4 oz. to the total order weight to account for packaging. Total adjusted order weight = 12.8 oz.. ShipStation integration ONLY accounts for the weight(s) of specific items on an order. This has been verified by checking the integration files with our store. So when the order gets imported into ShipStation, the order total weight shows as 11.4 oz.. With automation rules in ShipStation, we're limited to adjusting weight by whole oz.. We NEED to be able to add 1.4 oz but are forced to add 1 or 2 oz instead. Only adding 1 oz. would be insufficient so we have to go higher. Here we have an order at 11.4 oz that IS eligible for USPS First Class Mail, but since we're forced to add 2 oz instead of the actual packaging weight (1.4 oz), its new weight is 13.4 oz. which is outside of the limits for USPS First Class Mail. I really hope this feature can be implemented quickly because our customers are asking for cheaper shipping options than Priority Mail and we have to accommodate our customers to the best of our ability.
tschwaar
First-timer
I very much agree with this request and need this functionality! We send out hundreds of orders each day with total weight up to an ounce too heavy because we can't add partial ounces for our packaging.