cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cw1
First-timer (legacy)
We keep track of our product inventory elsewhere, but use ShipStation to ship our products and therefore would like ShipStation to keep inventory of the boxes we use to ship products. We use the preset packages and think it's only natural to know how many we have used and how many we have left so we dont over-order boxes or know which box sizes we use more so we can place orders for them!
46 Comments
sales160
First-timer (legacy)
great idea. The type of need shipping material should be determined by the package type or other shipping rules. It can also be used for last minute differentiation (ie : ship to USA send a US plug, Ship to Europe, send a euro plug), so i guess rules based on package type, destination, weight, quantity of of a given product, would really help counting down the packaging material and accessories. Thanks a lot for the suggestion and for the amazing work the shipstation crew is doing!
carter
First-timer (legacy)
Any updates on this type of addition to the software? Would make my life so much easier...
orders151
Explorer
It would be infinitely beneficial to have the ability to track the inventory of shipping materials used. We are using a combination of envelopes, USPS flat rate envelopes, and corrugated boxes of various sizes. If we could add these materials in the same way that we add products and inventory and then deduct each time one is shipped I could manage our stock much easier. I'm 1500 miles away from our warehouse so it's time-consuming for our employees to have to count stock and update me all the time. Thanks!
tonywoltz
First-timer (legacy)
This would be a huge help. There needs to be a way to add the packaging based on certain criteria.
jen4
First-timer (legacy)
I would like to be able to track my inventory of shipping materials (boxes, etc.). It would be very helpful if when I chose a box from the "Packaging" drop-down it would track that and monitor the level of boxes in inventory so I would know when certain boxes were running low. It would also be helpful if there was a field to designate weights for shipping boxes that would add to the calculated product shipping weight.
unitek4u
First-timer (legacy)
Is there any way that ship station can track the shipping envelopes or boxes inventory according to orders. when the quantity goes lower on envelopes then it should remind us to reorder the packaging materials. same like allocation of the inventory system in shipstaion inventory management.
vikingusedautop
First-timer (legacy)
We use a separate excel spreadsheet and count our boxes when we are at our 3 month order mark or when we know we are getting dangerously low on multiple important size boxes. It would be very helpful if there was a way to track on here what size boxes/envelopes we are using and how many so that our ordering system wouldn't be such a huge task. If we were able to print out a report of how many of each size we used during a selected time period, we could just plug that info into our already set pivot table and have the info we need for reorder.
nicolag
First-timer (legacy)
Please consider adding the function of being able to track inventory of packaging, this would be most helpful in managing warehouses. Thank you
MarkV
New Contributor
I would love to see this feature added to ShipStation. We have so many different sizes of boxes and bubble mailers.
fluffypenguinco
First-timer (legacy)
This would be AMAZING.