cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amar
First-timer (legacy)
Hi- We often times have back orders but can ship partial shipments. Would love the ability for Shipstation to automatically split orders for us based on rules.
126 Comments
historicgifts
First-timer (legacy)
Please add this feature. We ship hazmat items that have complicated maximum quantity rules so we always get nervous when we receive large orders.
historicgifts
First-timer (legacy)
There is an older feature request along the same lines with 60+ upvotes: http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/330429-product-feedback-fresh-ideas/suggestions/11694558-spli...
cole
First-timer (legacy)
We ship with multi location inventory from Shopify. I am very disappointed to see that Shipstation has yet to come to the table with a solution to this. I have found a multitude of forums where people are going nuts due to the inability to split orders automatically. Hopefully Shipstation will come to terms and work on this, or I am definitely taking both of my accounts elsewhere as soon as I find someone offering better solution than hours of unnecessary and redundant manual order splitting. PLEASE SHIPSTATION - Do something about this
carise
First-timer (legacy)
Please allow this feature! This would help so much. It's been two years now and all you've done is work on a new UI that everyone hated instead of listening to customers lol
virginia1
First-timer (legacy)
We are extremely interested in this! We have some fragile items that ship separately every time and would like to split the orders automatically.
laurent
First-timer (legacy)
This would be a very useful feature for us as well. We use ShipStation with Quickbooks Enterprise, using Connex to sync orders to ShipStation and shipping info back to Quickbooks. We created rules in Connex to place customer 3rd party shipping account numbers in custom field 1, and customer PO# in custom field 2. We also created automation rules in ShipStation to change billing to 3rd party based on custom field 1. This is working great, except it doesn't work in combination with split shipments. Once we split a shipment (after 3rd party rule has been applied), billing reverts back to recipient and 3rd party account needs to be rein put manually. Here's what we would like to see happen when splitting a shipment (whether split manually or based on the rule requested in the original post): - Billing for the first shipment should stay on 3rd party, and all subsequent shipments for the order should automatically be set to 3rd party as well. - Shipping notes should be copied from the first shipment to all subsequent shipments (we need the info in the custom fields to be copied over when items are moved to a new shipments) In regard to the PO# in custom field 2 - Many of our customers require each box to have a packing slip with scannable PO#. This is the main reason we use split shipments. We created a custom packing slip but we need the PO# in custom field 2 for each shipment. Right now we are copying it manually after moving products to new shipments. So instead of copying shipping notes manually, and re-inputing 3rd party accounts manually, having automation functionality for split shipments, as well the fixing some of the quirks mentioned above will greatly improve our workflow.
support88
First-timer (legacy)
Any movement on this? I have an issue where a customer is selling a pre-order and if this pre-order is within an order we want to ship the other items out first.
admin83
First-timer (legacy)
Could really do with this too. A lot of our orders contain items that are available for immediate dispatch and also items with a future ship date (like a pre order). We'd really like to be able to create a rule that auto-splits any order if certain criteria are matched (i.e. split item into new order if SKU contains 'xyz' or if product title contains 'abc'). At the moment this has to be done manually, each day for hundreds of orders, which is prone to human error, and take a LOT of time. Please, please implement something like this.
contact30
First-timer (legacy)
I would like to see this feature so I can automatically split shipments based on quantity. I have only shipping packaging for a single unit of my one SKU, and while orders of multiple units are rare, they do happen, and the rarity combined with the ShipStation interface makes them easy to miss. I would use this feature to automatically make sure that every unit ordered prints a label, preventing me from missing multiple-unit orders in the future.
orders66
First-timer (legacy)
PLEASE! make this feature to auto-split orders!? and make it so that it can split according to variant name (not only SKU!) We change our variant names back and fourth from "small" to small - pre-order"