cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NEV
Contributor

We set up an automation rule to assign a specific order to include "Carrier Insurance" and were expecting it to assign the correct value of shipment amount. Well, sadly 2 shipments were damaged and we have NO coverage 😞

So it seems that yes, it does assign carrier insurance, but doesn't make ANY value... and you cannot make an automation rule to assign orders with that specific item to include a specific value amount... So the automation rule is essentially pointless.

Can we please get an automation rule for insured amount or set order amount to value?

2 Comments
SNRT
New Contributor

We are currently using insurance Automation rule for high price orders, we do not have any issue.

If we understand currectly, insurance amount will follow the paid amount.

So, if you are importing orders using excel or manually, you will need to enter the paid amount.

ShawnSingh
Contributor

@NEV I recommend checking out Shipping Plus (www.shippingplus.co) - it's an app for ShipStation that allows you to be able to set insurance amounts as a percentage of the order total. For example, at my company we only insure packages greater than $500 at 50% of the order value. This wasn't possible with ShipStation's automation rules, but it was possible with the Shipping Plus app. Let me know if that helps!