cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
customerservi49
First-timer (legacy)
It would be nice to send an automatic email to the customer when an item that they ordered was placed on back order. Or when an order is split, so that they know why only part of their order is shipping, and not the complete order. Thanks!
6 Comments
ckardish
First-timer (legacy)
Yes please look into this, customers often become very aggravated when orders are not shipped immediately due to backorder, or when orders arrive that are not complete because they were not made aware that the order was split. An automated email would solve this issue and save us a lot of angry emails/phone calls.
nate5
First-timer (legacy)
I tried connecting Zapier to Shipstation and am super close to getting this backorder email connection figured out, the Zapier action will only run when an order is newly imported into Shipstation. It will not run on datat input after an order is imported.
arlan
First-timer (legacy)
Yes I need this too. Also I would like a backorder version of "split order" so I can split the backordered items off but still be able to print out a packing slip that shows the whole order and which parts are being shipped.
arlan
First-timer (legacy)
Has anyone found a good solution yet? We really need this feature!
Status changed to: Investigating

DBASAE
New Contributor

Wanted to see if we can create an email template for backorders.  If so can we (1) send using an automation or (2) send manually to the person.  Thanks!