cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greg23
First-timer (legacy)
BILLING/SHIPPING ADDRESS MISMATCH NOTIFICATION Fraud Prevention Idea One of the biggest red flags in a fraudulent transaction with a stolen credit card is that the Billing Address and Shipping Address DO NOT MATCH. I believe ShipStation should have a literal RED FLAG column in the orders screen that shows a RED FLAG when there is a mismatch between the billing address and shipping address. This way we can go in and look at the order in more detail to see if there is further indication a stolen credit card was used. This would save us LOTS of money. For example, in the last 2 weeks alone I got hit with $1000 in stolen card charges.
19 Comments
Bobby_M
Contributor
Please revisit this request. It has been out there years with 68 votes. I've been a paying customer for almost 6 years and I'm begging you. The lack of billing/shipping address mismatch alerts is costing us thousands of dollars a year in credit card chargebacks. It is costing us more money per year than we are paying in shipstation fees. I know this message is going to get rejected like it did last time. If that's how you guys roll, then why do you constantly tell me to post here?
sales49
Contributor
Any updates on this?
casey2
First-timer (legacy)
This can't be that hard to implement, come on SS!!
casey2
First-timer (legacy)
SO simple!! " If Customer billing does not equal Customer shipping then".....
webadmin
Occasional Contributor
Even being able to add the billing address column would help. Then at least I could add an automation.
Bobby_M
Contributor
At this point I have to assume there is a specific motive internal to Shipstation that is preventing this enhancement from moving forward. Six years later, 77 votes (which is very high for an issue posted here) and Shipstation is completely silent on the topic.
NeilKinman
New Contributor
I have a rule written in the Automation rules that looks for this and other things like known email addresses and known primary delivery addresses and the rule tags the orders. We look for this tag as an indicator of when to look further into the customer in our own systems.
Bobby_M
Contributor
Neil, how are you running automation on the Billing/Shipping Address when Shipstation will not expose the imported billing address?
Status changed to: Under Review