First-timer (legacy)
Combine/Split order using ShipStation's API
36 Comments
kevin16
First-timer (legacy)
'+1 !!
mfi_medical
First-timer (legacy)
We use the Novamodule/Shipstation integration with Netsuite which does not support combined orders. This would be an amazing feature to have the tracking map back from Shipstation to both orders that were combined in Netsuite.
oscar_pena
First-timer (legacy)
I am really surprised this is not available in the API, is there an alternative?
darcy_lien
First-timer (legacy)
It would be nice to be able to get the OrderNumber/OrderKey of the merged ids since we can't seem to get the old orders via the api.
JSchmidt
First-timer
This is a big requirement now that we are automating many of our processes and without this feature, we'll be looking for another solution.
elijah
First-timer (legacy)
I've noticed a few individuals are mentioning writing their own code for this or trying to find other alternatives, has anyone found a method that works reliably yet?
austin
First-timer (legacy)
'@colshipping Yes, I wrote my own script to do this using the ShipStation API. I will put the Javascript on GitHub if I get a chance. If you use the Create/Update Order API Endpoint ( https://www.shipstation.com/docs/api/orders/create-update-order/ ), you can use the main order ID in the parentId field of the new order, and create a new split off child order. However, ShipStation's parent/child order relationship has a couple challenges in that ShipStation still views both order "legs" as the same order. If you change certain fields like order notes in one "leg" of the order, you see these same changes in the other "leg". For my application, this is an undesired behavior. Thus, when I refactor some of these order splitting needs, I will most likely just create totally separate orders and not use the parent/child relationship functionality. I should also add that I used the Product Categories to create the "rules" that define order splitting. Basically, all products that share a category are grouped onto their own order. You could use another field from the products table, or use tags. Writing the code to actually remove products from the main order and put them on a child order was a bit of a challenge when I did it originally a year ago. I will likely redo this in the coming weeks.
dbminting
Contributor
'@Austin Johnson Please upload that or email me at Dakotabartell@gmail.com We have been trying to put something together for that for a while now and we keep running into issues. It would help us out A LOT
robert_wynne_jo
First-timer (legacy)
'@Austin Johnson Also interested in seeing what you have done. I made something similar for a different shipping provider (Veeqo).
dbminting
Contributor
'@Shipstation There have ideas with less votes that have been started with less votes than this. Please get this going. My business is growing 2-3x year over year and it's not a scalable solution to just have an employee of my mine combine orders all day.