Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Omerben7
First-timer (legacy)
Combine/Split order using ShipStation's API
36 Comments
jmfarber
First-timer (legacy)
Provide more details about orders that are combined in the API. When an order has combined the data that you provide in the API is minimal. You provide no data if the order is combined at the marketplace.
jmfarber
First-timer (legacy)
If an order is combined in your application all you provide in the API is the old order Ids under advanced options. We use the API to sync orders into our ERP/CRM. When an order is combined in Shipstation the surviving order only has the other Order Ids. However, the combined order changes the order line items and the API response does not tell you what the old Order Line Items where. A change would be at least provide the old order ID and the Old order line items that were on that order so that line items can be moved. Secondly, if an order is combined in eBay inside the marketplace all you do is mark the order canceled in Shipstation. the order wasn't canceled it was combined with another order just not in shipstation.
IT18
First-timer (legacy)
I also have the same issue when building some integration with ShipStation. We have a bunch of Shopify stores connected to ShipStation and we are interested getting data about combined orders via ShipStation API. However, the API currently only show ShipStation ID of the orders that are merged, not the original Shopify ID. As non-surviving orders will no longer be visible through the API, there is not consistent way to get the mapping between the Shopify ID and the ShipStation ID. We tried to use webhook to get information about an order as soon as it's imported into ShipStation but it's not consistent
mmonaco
First-timer (legacy)
We are in the final stages of building a system that will automatically weigh, dimension, select the correct service, ship, and invoice the order. ShipStation's API is the backend for rates and shipping. It works VERY well, but multi-box shipments are problematic because to my knowledge ShipStation will not let you split an order using the API. This would be a GREAT feature!
zee2
First-timer (legacy)
If I can create an order, and add items to it via the API - I should be able to do a partial shipment.
jmfarber
First-timer (legacy)
'@Admin any update on this. We may have to change to something else because of this. The lack of information that is given when an order is combined is causing hours of extra work each month.
info711
First-timer (legacy)
We need to be able to see which order IDs were combined and to have a way to search by these IDs to find which order they were combined with.
shopify3
First-timer (legacy)
Absolutely. For repeat orders that happen before shipping takes place. Need this NOW.
stevet327
First-timer (legacy)
I am also interested. We've been using API but badly need this feature (split / combine)
nmancini
First-timer (legacy)
definitely would like to see info about combined and split orders in the api as it becomes a monthly reconciliation exercise today