cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
support317
First-timer (legacy)
Auto combine feature for multi orders when they have the same shipping address.
159 Comments
thetraveler333
First-timer (legacy)
Considering it should only take a few minutes to program this feature, this idea is 3 or 4 years old and is something almost every seller needs, you would THINK it would have done long before now. This is a feature that should be a shoe in. Why hasn't it been done? This yet another unnecessary thing that I have to manually search for and do before I ship every time.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
'@everyone, Thank you for all the added details! We'll update the status of this idea once we have news. @Fantasyland รข€“ Thanks for chiming in. You brought up some information that hasnรข€™t been explicitly brought up before (manually searching for orders to combine) and Iรข€™d like to better understand the entire story (what the cause is and what the effect is) so the product team can cover all bases when researching how best to solve this business challenge. Today, youรข€™ll receive an order alert when orders import with the same username (which is typically an email address) and same zip code, but since you are searching through orders manually does this mean that youรข€™re finding your customers are ordering through different stores (and therefore will have different ShipStation usernames)? Can you tell me more about your situation?
thetraveler333
First-timer (legacy)
Basically what I mean is, rather than having to go down the list and manually combining them, it would be awesome if orders would automatically combine when they are from the same customer. As far as them being matched by the email address, I'm not totally sure, but I think amazon scrambles email addresses differently for each order. They should be matched according to name and address. I only sell a few items that ship individually. All of my other items can be combined in one package. So combining orders automatically should be an option that can be changed to be automated if the seller prefers. I'm sure there are sellers that wouldn't want it to do it to all orders automatically, but some sellers like myself would.
shipping224
First-timer (legacy)
This would be very helpful for me too. Each day between 5 and 20 different customers of mine will make at least two purchases each which I have to find and manually combine and ship together. There is no scenario where I need to leave them separate so long as shipping address are the same. A setting I can enable which causes them to automatically be combined would be fine for me. Or, to make it a little safer, automatically combining them but first prompting the user to confirm that they should be combined would be acceptable as well. Alternatively, a way to filter out orders with identical names and addresses would at least save me having to find them and would still be highly valuable. It is a pain in the butt to visually scan down a list of 100 orders each day looking for the few identical names that need to be combined manually.
kamdag
First-timer (legacy)
Shipstation is absolutely amazing but this, for me, is an almost an absolute necessity! I get a lot of single order on eBay (I run a lot auctions and give free shipping, so people don't bother waiting to pay for shipping discounts)... so on average I have to combine around 20 orders a day... ebay's shipping system does this for me automatically but shipstation is lightyears ahead in every other way. PLEASE add this! It would make shipstation the absolute PERFECT solution for me!
thetraveler333
First-timer (legacy)
Yeah, this shouldn't even need to be "under review". I think this is a feature that is obviously a necessity. Talk about a no brainer!
thetraveler333
First-timer (legacy)
I just noticed they started work on something that should do the trick. Here's a link, http://support.shipstation.com/forums/330429-product-feedback-fresh-ideas/suggestions/3006454-a-rule...
dave48
First-timer (legacy)
We absolutely need this too! We moved to ShipStation from one of their other pieces of software (Auctane) and so far almost everything is better, with this one glaring exception of combining orders. Auctane had a smooth solution where multiple orders to the same customer are flagged at the top of the list, they can be reviewed (and unchecked if needed) and then a single click "Combine Selected Orders" neatly combines them together. With ShipStation I'm having to manually scan down a list of names looking for duplicates which I have to manually combine (several clicks per combination). I can also wait until ShipStation generates alerts about them, but this takes time because they aren't generated instantly on importing, it doesn't seem to be 100% accurate so I still need to scan down the list visually and it still takes most of the same clicks to actually do the combining.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
'@David Enders Dave's Collectible Coins - Thanks for this comment! Any time you find something isn't working accurately, please shoot us an email at support@ShipStation.com We'll look into this some more and figure out what's going on so you won't have to manually run down your order grids every time when our Alerts should be doing the work for you!
nymny
First-timer (legacy)
I need a alert that there are orders with same buyer on the order list, without the list I just wasted couple dollar on shipping. This is unacceptable and very easy to be avoided with just a notification!