cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrew29
First-timer (legacy)
If an order exceeds a certain weight, I'd like for there to be an automation rule that separates the shipment into multiple packages. We are a coffee company that doesn't ship anything over 40 pounds, but we regularly get orders over 40 pounds, so it would be great when we get an order like that for an automation rule to separate the order into multiple packages.
31 Comments
michael22
First-timer (legacy)
Does ShipStation have the ability to AUTOMATICALLY add PACKAGES to an order without manually clicking on the + symbol?
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
We have recently improved the Scan to Verify feature to include multi-package shipping!
alan2
First-timer (legacy)
All of our items get shipped in their own package so this would be great. At the moment we need to manually add packages for orders with mulitple items.
a51
Occasional Contributor
Multi box automation, most of what we do are upload records and multi box orders that are the same for 10-500 orders, be great if this can be automated via SKU details, an automation rule set. having to enter multi- package details for over 10-15 orders that are identical is VERY time consuming
dfaulkner
First-timer (legacy)
Two additional related ideas are to allow a column on upload of orders to apply a package set and to allow a bulk apply method to this.
Status changed to: Under Review

BlackScottieCha
First-timer

Exactly the same, if an order exceeds a certain weight, I'd like for there to be an automation rule that separates the shipment into multiple packages. We are a chai company company that doesn't ship anything over 48 pounds, but we regularly get orders over 48 pounds, so it would be great when we get an order like that for an automation rule to separate the order into multiple packages.

DTD2009Inc
First-timer

If an order came in with a QTY of 4 as example, it's always take it as a single package. I mean what is the point of asking the QTY if you automatically merge it into 1 single package. 
Example: If I enter 1 SKU of 26lbs with a dimension of 19x19x9 in / QTY 4 it should understand that it needs to be switching to multi package.  Right now what it does is that it's adding 4 times 26 lbs for one package so 104 lbs. if it was that I wanted I would have enter 1 SKU of 104lbs for a QTY of 1. 

KParker
Contributor

I would also like to be able to use this with exceeds a certain quantity 🙂 Our system sends the standard box weight but the full quantity is currently attached and has to be manually split into multiple cartons.

kalid
New Contributor

I would also like this feature. Much needed. It's long over-due.