cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pk
First-timer (legacy)
We had many orders that didn't get delivered by the carrier estimated delivery dates during the holiday ordering period. Now, I'd like to request refunds on the delivery fees, but have to backtrack manually to get this information. It'd be great to have both the delivery estimate from the carrier and the actual delivery date as exportable columns. Thanks!
49 Comments
info865
First-timer (legacy)
This suggestion will add a significant return on investment for anyone using ShipStation as it is very time consuming checking whether the actual delivery was later than the standard delivery date so that refunds can be claimed. Being able to show whether the actual delivery occurred after the standard / estimated delivery date will make the investigation and refund request process much quicker and is a huge selling point for ShipStation as there is no other software on the market that provides this type of detail. I am personally interested in tracking this info for Canada Post.
info865
First-timer (legacy)
I'm sure that if more people knew that this was suggested, it would get a ton of traction from other users as everyone would like to make requesting a refund for late deliveries easier and there is nothing out there that makes this possible right now aside from manually checking each shipment using the carrier's website tracking tool.
pk
First-timer (legacy)
This really would be a significant improvement. The only way to do this currently is to do so manually, by physically checking delivery dates and logging them. It's really quite a pain. In addition, Amazon is implementing a "Delivered on Time" performance metric, which will be enforced starting in February 2016. Adding a Delivery Date column would further allow those of us selling on Amazon to verify Amazon's metrics. There are multiple benefits here and even if this were implemented for USPS, UPS, and FedEx, it'd be a huge improvement.
rvaughn
First-timer (legacy)
This is a great idea. I would add to this another field that shows shipment status - printed label, info sent to FedEx, in transit, out for delivery, delivered, delivery exception.
info225
First-timer (legacy)
This is an absolute MUST!!!! I don't think many people know this but if you ship any speed with UPS and Fedex and it's not delivered on time, that shipping is 100% Refunded! On average 8% of my shipments are late, so 8% of them are FREE!! There are 3rd party companies that charge for this service but they are expensive. Every week I painstakingly manually check every one of my orders and then go online and file a delivery service guarantee claim for packages delivered late, and they credit the full shipping cost on my next invoice. If you don't check up on this turst me you would be shocked. 3 day select by UPS taking 10 days, and tons of times where packages took an extra 3-5 days for no reason, unexceptionable and this reflects poorly on the business. Why you cant do this from inside ShipStation already is mind blowing. SS already has this info and can even send clients an email once delivered so all they have to do is add 2 columns under "Orders - Shipped" tab. One as Expected Delivery Date (which really should exist already) and the other as Delivered Date. A quick once over on these 2 columns would allow a user to know which shipments were late to the customer. This also helps double check Amazon metrics, increases satisfied customers, and decreases your overall shipping costs. If you really love your customers you could even add on your site that shipping is free if it's late, and refund them the shipping cost that UPS or Fedex refunds you. Please vote for this feedback guys! Getting this included would help all ShipStation users greatly.
cmarley
First-timer (legacy)
I think the biggest breakdown with Shipstation in regards to deliveries is that once you create the label, the information is sent to your carrier, in our case USPS. However, it could take USPS a whole day to pick up the packages, meaning our free 2-day shipping has evolved into 2 days once USPS picks up the shipment. It would be so great to give our customers a better idea of when their package will be delivered based upon USPS pick up times. The only way we can acquire an estimated delivery date is going through each order one by one from the shipments tab. Having the delivery date in a column would be fabulous so we can see the status of each order and where it stands in the delivery process.
Ms_Sarcastic
Contributor
I need this feature too, but for a different reason... When selling on Amazon you have to specify number of days for delivery... I *think* my promised delivery timeframe can be shortened right now simply based on a hunch, but I would not know unless I went line by line clicking on orders to view when they were delivered (which I am not going to do). Shorter delivery timeframes = More sales = More money for Shipstation because I would need to upgrade my subscription to accommodate all my extra new sales :-) Also these threads should be merged into this one: -http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/330429-product-feedback-fresh-ideas/suggestions/11701749-on-time-delivery-report-by-shipment-type -http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/330429-product-feedback-fresh-ideas/suggestions/13585818-ability-to-set-up-a-notification-rule-to-let-us-no -http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/330429-product-feedback-fresh-ideas/suggestions/13005279-auto-pull-delivered-dates-for-usps-shipments-or-l -http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/330429-product-feedback-fresh-ideas/suggestions/16328920-delivery-confirmation-column-or-non-delivered-filt It seems this very simple functionality can be used in MANY different ways... And the data is already there (on the shipments page you can hover over the little icon and it tells you when it was delivered) it just needs to be given an option to be added as a column in order to view it at a glance.
jan1
First-timer (legacy)
YES we really need this!!!
info225
First-timer (legacy)
We ship live aquarium products, if a shipment misses it's expected delivery date we absoultely need to know, for the welfare of our animals. This feature was brought up over a year ago, I'm pretty surprised this this has yet to be implemented.
info225
First-timer (legacy)
THIS is the most important feature that Shipstation lacks. Late shipment notification or expected delivery date column and It's asked for all the time on here and it's always archived. I really can only think of one reason why that would be. So since I got my votes back from the last archived request, I'll put them towards this one and hope that one day this request is finally listened to.