cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david83
First-timer (legacy)
Currently, when generating a return label, you can only generate a label for a single package. Many of our orders are sent as multiple packages. If a customer desires to return there entire order, there isn't an easy way to generate multi-package return labels for an existing shipment. We'd really love this functionality.
52 Comments
phil7
First-timer (legacy)
Can we have an update on this please - we also have many multi-package orders hat we need a fast way to generate return labels for.
milan
Occasional Contributor
This feature is a must, if you have the option to ship multiple packages out you should be able to get multiple packages back. What's the status of this?
greg23
First-timer (legacy)
There hasn't been an update since 2015. That something that's as basic as creating a return for multipiece shipment is unsupported by now is kind of ridiculous. Other customer service agents at SS have said to just create one return label and print it multiple times and attach a copy on each return box. Just this past week, I've had two customers tell me that the fedex driver would not accept them. Whether that is related to a change in fedex policy, or the driver is misinformed doesn't matter: I cannot tell my customers to argue with the fedex driver to get them to accept it. The other CSR agent said just create multiple return labels: well, sure that's a possible solution but I'm paying 50% more because instead of one multipiece shipment Im now billed at 3 individual pieces. There's got to be a better way, or at least more responsive coding to user requests. While I'm sure there are a number of priorities to attend to at SS it's silly that multipiece returns are not supported but new integrations with Houzz, which isn't even an etailer are added while neglecting basic improvements on the regular infrastructure. Furthermore, EVERY one of your wholesale accounts ships multipiece shipments - it's not just me. All those cabinet makers on Houzz? Please provide an update and when we can expect this implementation.
arobinson
First-timer (legacy)
This would be a great feature to save on shipping costs as generating 2 separate returns with UPS triggers 2 separate shipments and twice the cost.
warehouse24
First-timer (legacy)
This really creates an issue for companies that use your website. We expect our customers to be able to ship their packages back to us with little to no complications and a lot of our stores do not have means to repackage these items into a bigger box to accommodate one shipping label. I don't know why it was changed from how it was before but it would be great if it stayed that way.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
'@Mary - If I'm understanding you fully, it sounds like the recent additions to the returns process don't allow you to create the right number of return labels needed. The update allows you to gather more information on why your returns are occurring so you can be proactive about future returns. To create multiple return labels, create the first return label by going through the line item/quantity selection flow. If this is a single line item order, you can continue to create returns by clicking on "New Return" in the return tab of your order. This will allow you to create as many labels as you need.
brandon20
First-timer (legacy)
We need this ASAP! One of our best selling products ships in two halves (two separate boxes). Our customer's are not able to return their orders automatically because of this limitation. Shipstation has been programmed to ship our product with two labels when shipping from our warehouse. I wish it could take that same information and know to create two return labels if a customer wishes to return the item. As of now, we have to manually create labels for this product via FedEx Ship Manager.
greg23
First-timer (legacy)
Thank you. I have been waiting a long time for this! However, I don't understand the instructions and when I hit "Create Return" in the shipments window on any FedEx shipment - nothing happens! Can you please post an illustrated tutorial? Thank you
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hi @Greg - While we don't have a dedicated way to make return labels for your FedEx multi-package shipments, you can use the updated returns process to create as many return labels as needed. All you'd have to do is create one return label after another until you have all the return labels needed. This article will walk you through creating return labels: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001232008 If you'd like more information on how to do this, I recommend chatting in with our folks here to keep moving quickly.
bk
First-timer (legacy)
This is a step closer but still doesn't address the main issue. There are a number of us who have return shipping labels as part of the process for every shipment. Everything going out gets returned back. A large incentive we negotiate with our shipping providers are discounts on multi-package returns. Currently we are losing around a $1000+ a year because this functionality is lacking from ShipStation. It's a painful reminder every month seeing this task go uncompleted and how valuable this functionality is to us and how important it is to our bottom line. Even though our shipping providers know that packages are being shipped together, because they aren't created as a multi-package return through ShipStation initially, we miss this incentive. You can imagine how much I curse ShipStation and look to alternatives watching profit fly out the window needlessly... Thank you for creating step 1, check that box off. Please complete the second part of this feature request of true multi-package returns. Just needs to be a carbon copy of the shipment going out just created as a return. I will offer a $100 bounty towards the completion of this task to your staff. Please, help make this happen. Anyone else?