cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
SydSegal
Occasional Contributor

While this option has been around a few months, ShipStation "announced" this feature today as part of a bigger announcement on other new features. I can see the ability to import HS codes from Shopify directly into ShipStation (for customs purposes) being very helpful. However... There is a glaring issue that I will point out, that may be specific to people like myself who ship for multiple companies that either do not use Shopify, do not want to insert HS codes in Shopify, have multiple products that are all the same type/code, etc.

In my case, for the last 10 years of using ShipStation, I have used the option to use "pre-defined values" for customs information. Many of my clients ship the same type of product (same HS code) so it made sense early on to use this option and always have the product type/description and value be constant. Now, with the implementation of this new Shopify HS code import, I would like to use this feature but only for specific stores while keeping my pre-defined values active for all other stores. ShipStation allows for this Shopify HS code import to be specific to certain stores (by way of check box selection in the Store settings), but if I have the pre-defined values option still selected, ShipStation will use the pre-defined values instead of the imported Shopify HS codes. That doesn't make sense at all.... If I am able to select the option to import HS codes from Shopify, why wouldn't that specific store override the pre-defined values? It seems backwards and puts me in a position where I either have to leave the customs "blank" or allow ShipStation to create the customs information (based on the imported details from wherever the orders are being imported from) if I am not using the new option of importing HS codes from Shopify. 

Could someone from ShipStation respond why the pre-defined values takes precedence over a manually selected option specific to a Stores settings? 

1 Comment
CaraAdmin
Khoros

Hello @SydSegal!

Thank you for your post and your idea! At the moment, we don't have the capability to set HS codes per store. However, we'll make sure to note this down as a feature request!

Happy Shipping!

-Cara