cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
orders150
First-timer (legacy)
Right now when an order hits someone's doorstep, they can get a delivery notification email. Only problem is this email often doesn't get sent by ShipStation until hours later. We ship chocolate, so it's important the customer knows it's been delivered so they can keep it from melting. I was excited when I saw the delivery notification email, but then found out it's almost always delayed by a number of hours. It seems like it would be a simple fix for the development team to allow these delivery emails to be triggered immediately or even within a 15-30 minute delay. Customers would appreciate getting an email sooner! In the meantime, we might need to use a third party service to handle better notifications including SMS. Overall I'm very pleased with ShipStation--lots of smart people working behind the scenes on this. Light years ahead of the other options out there.
12 Comments
nganim77
First-timer (legacy)
I second this. The delivery notification email is FANTASTIC especially that you can customize it however it's not received until sometimes greater than 12 hours after the order is actually delivered. Just as for example through the delivery service app (Fed Ex, UPS etc...) you get an instant notification when the package is delivered, that timing can be linked to the time when the custom order delivered notification email from ship station is sent. Please work on this delivery email timing!
thewildsalmonco
First-timer (legacy)
I completely agree. We are shipping seafood and I am finding that the delivery notification has been sent up to 2 days AFTER the package has arrived. I often ship Fedex ground with dry ice because I know that it will be delivered in 1-2 days, however, the delivery notification doesn't arrive until 72 hrs after shipment arrives. Why not call this something else? How about "follow up notification", as this is really how its supposed to be used. I would like to see a delivery notification that is delivered real-time or at least the same day as delivery. Like Amazon, which has really set the standards for online commerce
andrew33
First-timer (legacy)
I most definitely support this. Right now, I'm considering a subscription with AfterShip because ShipStation's delivery notifications aren't reliable (I turned them off). However, I'd really rather not pay for the same function twice just because it doesn't work well from one company. For UPS specifically, I know that ShipStation has a close partnership, and I'm sure they could assist with the development. If AfterShip managed to make it work, there must be a way.
huckle_bee_farm
First-timer (legacy)
It would be great if shipstation could send a email for delivery sooner. I check on Shopify and they have the order shown as deliver but it takes shipstation an additional day to send email to customer. Really not helpful for customers. If Shopify is notified by USPS why isn't shipstation? Just curious why I need to pay for a service that really isn't working with today technology.
dkaplan09
First-timer (legacy)
I ship frozen meat and need more timely delivery notifications as well
shipping83
First-timer (legacy)
I tried this feature years ago and turned it off because it was just plain awkward for customers to be getting these emails a whole day after delivery. I just tried switching it back on this week and am disappointed to find that years later, this hasn't been fixed.
bricard
First-timer (legacy)
I was used to use Fedex tracking notifications before switching to Shipstation, and it was great with them because they notify customer in real time. It would be great to improve this with SHipstation since notifications are sent by batch at a given time instead of instantly. It will upgrade customer experience for sure.
Isaac_cole82
First-timer (legacy)
Looks like this was posted 3 years ago and still not fixed?
jared_achen
First-timer (legacy)
Why has this not been fixed!! We use ShipStation to ship frozen meat and need the delivery notification to go out instantly!! We are looking at other integrations to get this accomplished!
ajensen271
First-timer (legacy)
Highly recommend an Aftership > Klaviyo integration for your post purchase emails.