cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
melissa11
First-timer (legacy)
Is there a way to charge the customer for the return label so that we are not paying for every return label? This would especially be good if the customer is returning due to their own error or because they just changed their mind instead of us paying for every single return label?
56 Comments
sales507
First-timer (legacy)
Sometimes our customer ship the item back to us. It would be nice to have a selection box in the return page that we can start an RMA without actually printing out a shipping label and then later adjust the RMA with the customers paid return tracking number
vfsupplyco
First-timer
Very simply, support for the RMA tracking process without having to issue a return label. If the customer wants to ship the item back to me, I'd like to be able to track it within SS and connect it to their existing order.
adriana1
First-timer (legacy)
There are many scenarios where we want to authorize a return but do not want to create a shipping label (international returns, customer-requested returns, to name two). Would be nice to separate RMA Number generation form Return Label creation.
vfsupplyco
First-timer
It depends on the return policy of the marketplace you are selling on. We do not cover the cost of return shipping, so a label might get wasted if the customer decides to keep the item and not return it. It is too much of a hassle to track unused labels in order to attempt to get a refund for them. About half of my returns from Amazon never get sent back. I'd like to be able to offer an RMA number to those customers, and have that tracking ability in the event they do ship it back to me. If there is an easier way to do this I'd like someone to tell me!
tyson1
First-timer (legacy)
Auto-generated RMA#s with a feedback form and the option to print a return label at client's cost would be ideal. Also a way of accessing a report showing all RMA's sortable by status (incoming, received, etc) would be extremely helpful.
melissa13
First-timer (legacy)
I run into this quite a bit as there is nothing wrong with the product but they just don't need it any more or they just want there money back. This happens often enough that I have to keep a notebook of personally generated rma's to keep track of what they are returning, tracking numbers, and why they are returning the item. For problems with product the current system works as it is not the customers fault that the product is not working properly, but as I said there are customers that buy something and later realize they don't need the item so they want to send it back.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hey @MelissaLehman, thanks for adding your comment! How often do you say your customers are opting to return their orders on their own?
warehouse18dt
First-timer (legacy)
'@Admin I believe this is a pretty important feature, as there are many channels/marketplaces that will use their own return label (e.g. Amazon), and currently, there is no way to track/manage that return in SS. On a side note, it would be amazing if SS could pull in automatically an RMA when it's created, within Amazon (and other Marketplaces) as that would save a significant amount of time and energy currently spent tracking/locating and dealing with returns.
deadhead5573
First-timer
I agree with both MelissaLehman and tyson_1 as we fall into this quite a bit especially since we sell cell phones. Customer purchases a cell phone without reading the whole auction etc .. and gets it only to find out it was their fault they did not read the description that it will not work with their carrier. Also the new RMA process is a lot more drawn out than the prior method. i would just go to their order, then to the top bar and select create return. the label would just spit out of my zebra printer and/or be emailed. now it is more steps and it gives me the option to download the label, when i simply want to send it to the printer to include a hard copy with the customers replacement. or snail mail a copy to a customer without a printer. believe me, there still are quite a few people without a printer or do not want to waste a piece of paper to print out the label. 😞
tj2
First-timer (legacy)
Please create it so we don't have to create a label for each RMA.