cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
betterplace
New Contributor
I have two UPS accounts set up in ShipStation. When I ship out something on a specific UPS account, and it needs to be returned, I would like to be able to create a return label on that same account. However, ShipStation only let's me create return labels on the primary account. So if I ship labels on a secondary UPS account, the only way to print a return label on that secondary account is to temporarily edit the global settings to make it the primary UPS account, then switch it back after I print my return label. I would prefer that ShipStation use the same account that the original shipment was sent on, or for it to give me the choice of which account to use when I create the return label. We have different negotiate rates on each account, and it does come down to $$'s saved depending on where the package is going, and which account is used.
9 Comments
irina1
First-timer (legacy)
YES!!! THIS IS A MUST!!!!!!!
joew89
First-timer (legacy)
I agree. Hugely inconvenient and I can't imagine it is much work to implement. It should default to the same account that the order was shipped with, as well as allowing for selection.
ggladman
First-timer (legacy)
This is remarkable that you have known about this for over a year and not fixed it. This is not an enhancement but a bug with your process. If you have multiple accounts you HAVE TO have the ability to select what account that you want to use. You have that ability on the front end when creating a shipping label, there is no reason to not use the EXACT same mindset when setting up how to create a return tag. This should have been fixed a long time ago and is greatly overdue. Please fix this now!
nlopez
First-timer (legacy)
Same for Fedex. It would be extremely helpful to have the cheapest fedex account in order to create a return label. At the very least, choosing the account at the return screen would help which currently cannot be done unless you change the global settings back and forth(not feasible) like stated by Mark above.
Raffi
First-timer (legacy)
This is a real issue for my accounting departments. They manage costs to the penny to ensure profitability of E-commerce. We are preparing to make a huge push in our sales strategy, and with that we anticipate a proportional increase in returns. I am managing 2 stores, with completely separate customer base, and unique shipping accounts. Why would you create a platform that allows you to separate multiple stores, and then stop at a function that directly impacts the most important aspect $$$$
mark20
New Contributor
Still looking for this to happen in 2020!
Status changed to: Under Review

Occasional Contributor

Still looking for this to happen.  Very much in need of this capability.

betterplace
New Contributor

This is the kind of thing I was afraid of when Stamps.com purchased Endicia and ShipStation.

Stamps had a reputation for rarely, if ever, fixing bugs. Some of them were significant bugs too. Years went by without fixes. The most famous of all was the Automatic Update Check that was in the software. Every time there was an update, if you told it to check for updates, it would report that you were on the latest version.

But there was always a newer version on the website. The check-for-updates feature never worked for the better part of a decade. I moved to ShipStation for other reasons and had never been happier. But I feel that progress on fixes and features has slowed.