cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
projects
First-timer (legacy)
Currently, I have 4041 orders to fill today. http://screencast.com/t/c8NxtCNt My staff is each assigned an item or group of items to fill that day. Your system doesnt show what items are in the order unless you click on the order. For 4,000 orders a day this is a very slow process. I need it changed to indicate the actual items. I will pay you to address this issue.
12 Comments
projects
First-timer (legacy)
They fill orders based on what is in them. So, John will take all of the orders with product A, B and C in them. It is possible for two staff members to touch the same item. The manger will print shipping labels for say 500 shipments all of them will be for the exact same thing. She will hand them to John to fill. He knows all of them are the same. Thus no need to look at anything and less room for error. Your system of not showing the sku or items makes this a slow process. I doubt many users will care about this. If we did 10 shipments a day we would not care. I would rather just pay you to change this. Those who do 10 orders per day would not care if the column showed the items in the order. Is there a reason why anyone would not want to see the items in there order? 1 possible reason would be people who have many, many items in there order. In that case then limit the amount. If say under 5 items show each item. If over 5 items show multiple items. You could make that a setting that can be adjust on a users needs. I understand the need to meet the needs of the masses. So we have to find a solution that helps me and does not hender the needs of the masses.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Thanks for the update, @Gordon! Currently, you're able to view the items in each order from the grid by using the Lower Panes or the Sidebar (see these in Display Options under your Account Settings), however since you are assigning orders this way, it's not going to be a very efficient process. How often do your customers order multiple items? Is this going to be a bulk of your orders?
Bobby_M
Contributor
How can you expect that view to show all the items on the order? A long horizontal list of SKUs? It sounds like you need to build in some automation.
projects
First-timer (legacy)
to Robert Mierzejwski Brew Hardware LLC My CRM does it and Ready Shipper does it, and several others. I show them in a small font in a vertical line, not horizontal. I can provide a screen shot if it would help. It is very common practice.
ty2
First-timer (legacy)
I must also add that this would be beneficial. Without this feature, searching by item name is all but useless.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
'@Ty Dlugozima ZimaGear - is your use case similar to @Gordon French Primal Health LP as stated previously? If it is not like this case, I recommend using the lower pane to view al of the items in an order. What do you think? Here's how you can view items ordered from the lower pane: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206639177
projects
First-timer (legacy)
100% of all my orders have more then one item. that is 700 orders per day. Because of this single issue, we have started to make plans to create our own shipping software.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
'@Gordon French Primal Health LP - Thanks for that information. If you are interested and have the developer resources, we have an API your developers can mold and shape to fit your needs. You'll be able to create orders and shipments, and have read access to nearly all of the data on your account. I also want to mention you can assign orders with the API as well, so while we are not yet ready to go forward to make changes to our app, you may find what you're looking for through the API. More on our API: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206638917 If you have questions about it, please contact: APISupport@shipstation.com
shipping48
First-timer (legacy)
We ought to at least have the option to view items in the order. Our filters should also work based on what is in the order, not this "(Multiple Items)" worthlessness.
craig11
First-timer (legacy)
I really need this changed as well, in Orders > Awaiting Shipment, for the printing of packing slips. At the very least instead of you just arbitrarily giving it the name of (Multiple Items), at least show an actual item name, the 1st item or something. We print our pack slips sorted by Item Name, helps us speed up our pick and pack as in our warehouse inventory is sorted alphabetically . Problem is that when a pack slip has more than 1 item, you label the Item Name as (Multiple Items), this pack slip then just gets sorted with that as the name as opposed to an actual item name of ours.