cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ohelsbells
Occasional Contributor

I organized our shop floor by attributing warehouse locations to each area. I did this alphabetically, creating over 20 zones. After this, I uploaded a spreadsheet to our inventory, attributing the appropriate warehouse location to each item in our inventory. We have about 800 items. This worked well uploading a .csv file and it was super satisfying to finally have success after many support ticket interactions.

My goal in doing this was to be able to pick our orders in the exact order that they are arranged on our shop floor. The packing slip is my preferred document to work with when picking orders because it has all the customer and order information on it, including any notes from the buyer, which I have customized with css.

I was under the impression that because there is an option to sort packing slips and pick lists by "warehouse location" that it would sort the products on the order by their location in the warehouse. This should absolutely be a feature for making it easier to pick items on orders. Sorting the packing slip by "name" and "quantity ordered" and the other data the packing slips could be ordered by DID WORK, which is why I made the assumption about warehouse locations being sorted by the locations we created.

Anyhow, I think it would be AMAZING and would make it so much easier for businesses that have large warehouses with tons of product and for smaller businesses like ourselves that have a ton of different products and receive many orders each day to have the packing slip organize products by their location in the warehouse. This way, we aren't running back and forth picking items on the list that could be organized by location on the slip.

Or, at the very least, products can be grouped on the packing slip by the same warehouse location?