cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sales655
First-timer (legacy)
Ability to Scan and Verify the UPC code of the product get shipped for the individual order. So, this will eliminate the WRONG item being shipped and Wrong Quantity being shipped. Also "Ship Order" button activates only when the right product(s) is scanned and right quantity is scanned for the order. Products that does not come with UPC may be shipped by manually entering item SKU in the barcode scan field.
195 Comments
jason69
First-timer (legacy)
This is not Shiprush. It's ShipStation. And it's about shipping order accuracy, not just warehouse management. I don't have another employee available to do the checking.
carryspeed
First-timer (legacy)
As our business is doing bigger, in order to control the inventory better, we hope the packing slip can show the bar code of each item, and we can scan the bar code on the packing list to update our inventory. Thank you.
Jonathan25
First-timer (legacy)
You have just made my day! Do you have any broad estimate of when to expect the feature? Obviously, it's too soon for a definite ETA.
jason69
First-timer (legacy)
yes!
etrade27
First-timer (legacy)
this is great
stephen15
First-timer (legacy)
Ive spent a lot of time looking into this type of pack verification software. It's not cheap and doesn't look nearly as user friendly as ship station. I would have no problem paying twice what I pay for shipstation now, and would love to be a beta-tester for anything you guys come up with. Here are my thoughts on how it should work: Have an additional tab for pack verification on the right side of the screen under order information. When an order is selected the items show up in this section with 2 buttons at top. The first would be "SELECT PRESET", and would allow you to scan your box / packaging to choose a preset as opposed to selecting from a drop down list. This would be very useful with current version. My list is getting long. Id love to add more options, but it is already confusing. The second button would be "START VERIFICATION". When this button is pressed the background of all items turns yellow. There could even be columns or boxes beside each item showing (Item Order Quantity) ||| (Current Item Count) As you start scanning / checking off items, it changes the quantity count for that item. When the quantity scanned matches the quantity ordered, the item background turns green. Any additional scans would turn background red. There could also be a scale integration to double verify scans by having to place each scanned item on the scales before proceeding. (Similar to self checkout in stores) When all items and quantities are correct, 2 buttons would appear at the bottom of the tab allowing you to either save the verification and print a packing slip / pack verification slip, or move to the next tab and ship the order. Most important is the option to save or record this information. Adding the ability to save which presets were used with each order, and run reports for this would make tracking shipping supplies a lot easier. I currently have about 15 presets, each representing a type of box. If I could open shipstation and see which boxes had been used, it would save hours a week counting supplies, and prevent me from running out.
shipping285
First-timer (legacy)
Please make sure that this is an 'option' and not a 'requirement' to ship 🙂 Our QC system already requires every product to be scanned before it is flagged as ready to ship. That already prevents us from shipping until the status is set. However, if we can do this from inside ShipStation, we would consider changing our workflow, but it would require the ability to set the UPC code on a per SKU basis (as our SKU and UPC do not match), and the ability to have multiple UPC codes per SKU -- as we may have a substitute product that has a different UPC, but is functionally identical - with the same SKU.
customerservi63
First-timer (legacy)
How close is this to being implemented?
chris122
First-timer (legacy)
I would love to be able to have ShipStation go into a specific "mode" for this, so that we could streamline our pick and pack processes. "Pick Scan" Mode: Our picker would be able to turn on this mode in ShipStation and scan each packing slip. After scanning a packing slip, ShipStation automatically opens the order into a "packing slip" view of the order. Our picker would simply scan each item as its picked, and visually verify on the screen that item get "checked off" (highlighted, check mark, green light, etc.) Once all items are picked, ShipStation pops up a green notification in the notification bar that says "Picking complete for order # 1234567 for John Doe". The screen immediately advances to the packing slip scan ready screen. "Pack Scan" Mode: A person on our packing team opens ShipStation in this mode and scans each packing slip for each fully picked order. When the packing slip is scanned, the order pops up on the screen in "packing slip view" so each item and quantity can be reviewed. At this point they perform any Quality Control/Assurance on the order. Next, they scan the order one more time to print the shipping label. This particular mode solves our need to have shipping confirmation delayed when printing a label (see http://support.shipstation.com/forums/126593-request-a-new-shipstation-feature/suggestions/3186630-a... If you implement the different modes in this way, please limit or eliminate all interaction with the computer or keyboard. We want this as simple as possible! If there is configuration involved (like making a scan of an order in Pack Scan mode go to the Loading Dock, or Ship Immediately), please make that configurable in global settings or as a one time option that is set when entering this mode.
sales342
First-timer (legacy)
This is a very important feature for our business, we need to find ways to reduce the errors in picking the wrong item. Being able to print the part number (SKU) and order # in barcode format on the pick list would be a great help.