cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sales655
First-timer (legacy)
Ability to Scan and Verify the UPC code of the product get shipped for the individual order. So, this will eliminate the WRONG item being shipped and Wrong Quantity being shipped. Also "Ship Order" button activates only when the right product(s) is scanned and right quantity is scanned for the order. Products that does not come with UPC may be shipped by manually entering item SKU in the barcode scan field.
195 Comments
steve68
First-timer (legacy)
This is the single most important feature you could implement.
kbrunner
New Contributor
Agree, it's why I'm currently evaluating other products
kiera
First-timer (legacy)
Agree that this is the single most important feature you could implement & also why we are evaluating other products.
kiera
First-timer (legacy)
Forgot to add.. we would use this in our workflow just after printing packing slips/pick lists, when we pull products for each individual order. Only after we scan each individual item (as ordered) for each order would it then become possible to print the shipping label, unless we manually override or turn off the barcode item verification for that individual order. There should also be an option to enable or disable order-level barcode item verification completely. Thanks!
steve68
First-timer (legacy)
Like that's an interesting idea AB Tech. That would certainly make our shipping department more accountable for packages sent. Essentially, you're creating a failsafe that must be personally acknowledged to override. Smart.
warehouse18dt
First-timer (legacy)
'@Admin (and everyone else interested, like myself) it seems that another company, Groovepacker, has gone ahead and created a cloud-based QC/Barcode scanning program, and they actually integrate with ShipStation via API, according to their site https://www.groovepacker.com/integrations/shipstation-barcode-packing-scan-verify Has anyone else tried out their software? I'd be interested to know if it's decent before I start any new implementation. @Admin - maybe ShipStation should just buy them out for their IP and avoid the time and hassle of developing it.
nate1
First-timer (legacy)
We currently scan the UPC of an item into the search and it brings up the order. This works really well for orders that only have one item but does not work well for multiple item orders.This has been something relatively new for us and I cannot even tell you how many mistakes this has avoided. So much time and money went into shipping errors with return shipping, customer service calls and much more. This has been awesome and I would love to see it built better and deeper into ShipStation
hlindestaf
First-timer (legacy)
I'd like to have a process in ShipStation where using my scanner I can verify that i pick the right products. All my products have UPC bar codes. I'm thinking something like this: 1. I print all packing slips, with the order bar code 2. I grab one of the packing slips, scan its bar code 3. Order pops up, I can select to pick products, it shows all products on the screen. 4. I grab a product (based either from the list on the screen or from the printed packing slip) and scan it 5. The view on the screen decrements the qty for that item and I put the product in the box to be shipped 6. I continue until all products are put in the box 7. (optionally) I can print a small bar code to put on the box with the order number/bar code 8. I wrap everything up, seal the box, (optionally) put the small label on it to track which box it is. 9. I put it on the scale, create a label and (optionally) verify that I put the shipping label on the right box by checking the order reference/id on the small label (maybe scan it?) The small label is optional, I have that under another suggestion here, but I wanted to show how it would fit in here. If may not matter if you only have one box to ship, and if you do it all in order, but sometimes I grab the products from multiple orders and seal up the boxes before weighing and printing labels, so I'd like an extra step to verify I didn't mess up.
obopli9h01xyprs
First-timer (legacy)
Pretty crazy that ShipStation has taken so long to get off the ground with this. Just in the time since the admin's last post, competitors have piled on features that are topping ShipStation in so many other ways. Skulabs has been fleshing out a ton of multi-channel listing and inventory features: https://www.skulabs.com/features/inventory i can make purchase orders through them and I can use barcode scanning for pretty much all of it! I feel like ShipStation is falling behind in comparison.
chad6
Occasional Contributor
I can agree that perhaps the implementation of something like this could run into a "strange to SS workflow", however a QC (Quality Control) such as this at the time of shipment would be a huge positive impact! Workflow really shouldn't be overthinked, it most certainly would require a company have a proper set up to support the feature, but if added as an opt-in feature, could be added as a fairly simple QC check, just before a label is printed. Companies that would be set up properly to support this feature, would likely be mid to larger accounts, and could actually attract larger accounts. The workflow for this feature could go as follows: 1) Pick Products with custom barcoded Packing Slip. The order number as well as each ordered product identifiers would need to have barcodes. 2) Using SS's already built in feature, Scan the Order Id and review it in pop-up. 3) Add the QC check here. SS could have a barcode screen to pop up over the active order screen attempting to shipped. Shipper would than scan each product attempting to be packaged, and either send an error if the attempted item is not present on the active order, or show a verification (perhaps highlight the box green before emptying the box allowing the next scan). 4) Once all products have been verified, the scan box would go away and allow the user to continue choosing shipping options and printing label. If any other sellers (or SS) has any thoughts on this proposed workflow, please comment. Keep in mind, the feature will likely need to remain simple enough to have SS move forward with the integration. Thanks for consideration.