cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
editor1
First-timer (legacy)
Splitting orders for partial fulfillment is a very common activity for me, but the process is very clunky. I'm hoping that I'm just missing something that will make it easier. Right now, it appears I can only split an order by pulling up the Orders view (with or without a filter), selecting one order, digging around for the well-hidden "Split Order" option under the "Other Actions" button, and performing the split from there. One of the reasons this is cumbersome is that I spend more time in the Order Details view determining how the order needs to be split. I have to open and review the order, make changes if necessary, then close it and return to the Orders screen to find the order in the list, select it (not open it), then go to the "Other Actions" button. I would really like to be able to split an order any time I'm in the Order Details window, no matter how I got to the window. There ought to be a "Split Order" button at the top of the window in the row that currently includes "Create Label, Print, Create Batch" or perhaps next to the "Edit" link above the Order Items list. Is there currently any way to split an order I have open in the Order Details view? If not, I would like to very strongly request this feature.
9 Comments
editor1
First-timer (legacy)
I'm glad to see this is under review! I'm not sure what the question about the sidebar is for—is that just a general question or related to this issue? I'd be happy being able to easily split an order from the sidebar instead. On manual orders there's an "edit" button right above the line items list. That would be a great place for the "Split" function. Since you don't currently have a good story around "partial order fulfillment" (and in fact have instructed me to split orders in order to fulfill only part of them) being able to access this function more easily would be VERY helpful.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
'@Brian Lewis - You mentioned that when using the Order Details view it is cumbersome to open the Order Details and then close it again. The sidebar is very similar; you wouldn't have to open/close it and still have access to the "Other Actions" menu. Used in conjunction with the Single/Double Lower Pane, you could even add increased visibility to the Items Ordered! We're just trying to see what isn't working for you and everyone else in order to figure out what could work. 🙂
editor1
First-timer (legacy)
Sure—I'd be happy to be able to use the sidebar and/or lower pane for splitting orders! Since these views are basically quick or "distilled," views of the order details view, and since you can manage most things about an order from the order details view, my personal opinion is that it should be available first on Order Details and then made accessible from the sidebar as a "quick access" functionality. However, if you did it "wrong" by only adding it to the sidebar ... I wouldn't complain, because I'd still have one-less-click access to split the selected order. 😄
editor1
First-timer (legacy)
Also, the fact that I can't edit items in the sidebar (even for manual orders) is an argument for making this Split feature part of the Order Details page. Otherwise, I'd still have to manually add items and then split the order to handle the "bundle management" process that currently requires me to do such frequent splitting.
editor1
First-timer (legacy)
One thing that I use the sidebar for ALL THE TIME that is very useful is preparing to ship batches of books. When I select multiple orders and I get a quick view of all line items and quantities for all selected orders, that's extremely helpful insight.
david_dean
Frequent Contributor
I also find myself often using the Order Details window, and then needing to go back to the main orders page to perform anything listed under "Other Actions". I'd also like to see "Mark As Shipped" added to the actions available in the Order Details window. Really, anything that can be applied to an individual order might as well be available within that window, right?
help
First-timer (legacy)
TOTALLY TOTALLY AGREE! This is a total pain, especially when you are whizzing thru with barcodes. Brings us to a dead halt.
fabulousyarn
First-timer
We also need to be able to print the packing slip from this window....so that we can split the order and print out a physical copy for our warehouse
bjlindquist
First-timer (legacy)
Please offer an option to do it the old way. It used to be so easy.