cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caesar
First-timer (legacy)
We have a few websites that sell products to wholesalers. For example we will sell a case of a single SKU. Each case has 12 units. It would be nice if SS could allow us to setup virtual bundles that deducted multiple units of a single SKU.
200 Comments
sales244
Contributor
A lot of the SKU's we sell are actually kits of several different items bundled together (example - 200 current comic book bags and boards). Given the current limitations of eBay/Amazon/Shipstation, we are forced to create mutant SKU's for kits like that (for example, this SKU might be something like 2-PACKS-CUR / 2-PACKS-BBCUR, which means 2 packs of current bags and 2 packs of current boards). This isn't the best way to sell kitted items. Most good inventory systems allow you to create a "bill of goods" that will show up underneath a kit SKU. For example, this would show the master SKU (200-CUR-B/B or something) and underneath it would show each line item in the kit separately (2x CUR on one line, and 2x BBCUR on another). This makes it much easier for order pickers who are unfamiliar with the product to pick pack and ship orders. If ShipStation could implement something like this, it would really help.
marc20
First-timer (legacy)
Agreed. This would be very helpful.
kpduffy
First-timer (legacy)
I sell bundles of individual items on eBay and fulfill them through FBA. It would very helpful to be able to have a sku "split" and push the order to FBA, ordering the individual items. The FBA piece in ShipStation works very well....it's something a small business like mine couldn't afford 10 years ago. I love the time savings, especially not having to babysit my email 24/7 to manually update tracking numbers. My kit sales are only a small piece of what I do, if it could be further automated my (ecommerce) life would be complete 🙂
raadik
First-timer (legacy)
I'm surprised this is not a feature of ShipStation yet. I have been impressed with the program since we started using it. It's powerful, functional, and I can leave work without a headache from stressing about shipping all of our orders out with sub-par technologies. Adding a function like this would only increase the love I have for ShipStation and make my international shipping a breeze when it comes to customs agencies. Please consider the viability of this function for all of us who sell items in a "kit" format!
boruchkirsch
Occasional Contributor
Exact same story as Kevin at Auction, Even if we could just do Multiples as a first step. Meaning 2packs and 3packs of the same SKU. Which you already support when someone buys two. To explain, If someone buys two pieces on eBay I can send it straight to FBA Yet if they buy one of my "2pks" I can't! This has to be a simple fix. Multiple SKUs would be awesome too but that is probably more complicated!
donette
First-timer (legacy)
We here at RockTape would love this! The only thing I can think to do is either change the name of the product to contain what's in the kit or assign a specific packing list that reflects what's in the kit. It won't really be listed on the pick list but at least it will show up during pack out and the customer will see exactly what they should be receiving.
boruchkirsch
Occasional Contributor
'@Donette that would not help for FBA. I need to be able to send orders of multiples to FBA w/o copying and pasting it line by line
support253
First-timer (legacy)
We sell a lot of kit & bundles on E-bay and Volusion. So imagine you want to sell an I-Phone a matching a case. This is really popular in E-bay motors and in other areas as well. My interest in this item is to be able to: 1) Break a kit down into individual items so that our shippers will know what to put into the box 2) Keep track of inventory at the lowest level 3) Be able to calculate and push inventory of kits to the marketplaces. So for example, if we have 3 I-phone cases and 5 I-phones in stock it would tell the marketplaces that we have 3 kits available. 4) Be able to "shrink wrap" or pre-assemble kits so that a picker can just grab one item. In many cases, we pre-build the kits. Other times we don't. We want the flexibility to pre-build the kits and tell the picker to go get the complete kit. This functionality is important because some of our kits are always "pre-built" because they have 20 or 30 nuts, bolts and other hardware in them. We use SKUVault to accomplish this today but would be interested in using a solution from one provider.
support248
First-timer (legacy)
If combo items were imported from my marketplace as their individual items it would allow reporting to reflect actual items sold and it would also allow our shipping department to never get confused about which items are in a pack.
boruchkirsch
Occasional Contributor
I sell stuff on eBay that I fulfill through FBA. I need to be able to sell as multiples. For example; If someone buys 2 pieces I can send it to FBA and it will send him 2 But if I make a listing for a "2pk" I can't just upload it using Shipstation. I have to manually go to FBA and copy and paste line by line This should be a simple fix. Just the ability to set a fulfillment SKU as 2 pcs. Meaning incoming eBay SKU 1a2b3c will have a fulfilment SKU of 2x FBASKU123 We also sell combos. Meaning one of each color or something like that. If you could create an FBA order of two seperate SKUs that would be very helpful. This is not something I have every day but still often enough to be annoying. One of the great features of Shipstation is that I can check how much Multichannel FBA shipping will be w/o filling in the whole order. When I have something cross country I often just send to FBA if it will be faster and similar price. Orders with multiples are the orders I can't just figure out in my head but I have to actually check. this would make it a 15 second decision instead of a 3 minute one. When the order comes in the afternoon and UPS is coming in a minute that is a big difference! ;) Thank you!