cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
orders75
First-timer (legacy)
Because this original request I made for this was closed when an unrelated feature was introduced, I'm creating a new one. I would very much like to be able to have the automation in ShipStation be able to print. This would allow me to have it automatically print all new orders that have downloaded, so that warehouse personnel know an order has come in when the printer starts spitting out packing slips. This is something we're used to having in a different product we switched from to ShipStation and it's the main thing we miss. With printing being done through ShipStation Connect now, this should be entirely possible too. The other thing that would have be added is another feature that ShipStation really does need anyway: an indication of some kind that an order has already been printed. This would allow automation to "print all unprinted orders" as well as greatly reduce the possibility of orders being double-packed when more than 1 person is working shipping. We've had this happen multiple times simply because there's no good way to tell when an order has already been printed right now. Thank you!!
146 Comments
kevin29
First-timer (legacy)
Just add auto print, it really does not matter if it runs over the weekend. Would be one less thing to do in the morning.
ksilovich
First-timer (legacy)
is there any update on this. We are needing an auto print packing slip function for our shipstation account.
jeff7
Occasional Contributor
An automation rule would be great, because then I could determine which orders get printed and when. If I also had the ability to also choose the printer through the automation rule that would be even better. Then I could print international orders to one printer and domestic to another. For example, (If "International order" print to Canon 1.) (If "Domestic order" print to Canon 2) and run these rules for all orders when they are imported. If I can't have any of that, just print them to my default packing list printer when they come in. It would save lots of time. Jeff StickerTalk.com
jeff7
Occasional Contributor
Any updates? This would be a time saver for us. Currently we have set up Tags to keep track of what has been printed and what hasn't. But while that works for us, it is still time consuming to do. This would speed that process up for us and save some time. You haven't responded in almost two years to this request. As of this posting it has 301 votes. Can you give us an update? Jeff
ray7
First-timer (legacy)
This would be very helpful for our small business as well. It would allow us to grab a sheet from the printer. Pick and pack then use the scan to print barcode to print the label. As far as when it prints, we wouldn't be super picky. If it's an automation rule that would be best. Then we could configure it to work any way we wanted.
harperkyle23
First-timer (legacy)
Does anyone know if there is Auto Print for packing slips when an order comes in? Looking to see if it has been added.
gunnar
First-timer (legacy)
Any updates on this? It would be EXTREMELY HELPFUL! Also, any way to auto refresh the marketplaces for orders so I don't have to do it a hundred times a day? It's kind of archaic
daniel20
First-timer (legacy)
Add two automation rule actions, one to "Print Packing Slip" and one to "Print Label". Each of these actions would have a drop-down menu allowing selection of the target printer. The list of possible printers would include all of the printers configured and shared via ShipStation Connect. Using automation rule actions has a lot of benefits, such as allowing packing slips and labels to be printed to specific printers. For example, priority orders could be printed to a dedicated printer for priority processing. Ideally, the automation rule actions would print packing slips and labels automatically whenever the automation rule is triggered, not just when the order is first imported into ShipStation. We're fine with orders printing in the middle of the night or over the weekend. It works better in fact, because the printer doesn't overheat when printing out orders on Monday morning. And the warehouse team has something to do when they arrive each morning, without having to manually print everything before getting started.
tom7
First-timer (legacy)
I would vote that there is a config setting added to: 1) Automatically print the picking list when the order loads to ShipStation 2) Automatically prints the packing list when you mark the order as shipped.
mark1
First-timer (legacy)
We're moving over from Shipworks and it does this. Our packers are already complaining because Shipstation will not. I would think this would be a super easy automation?