cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
purchasing_jaks
First-timer (legacy)
It is a legal requirement that EORI numbers are used on shipping goods from the UK to EU and Rest of the World. This field has been implemented granted, but still requires manual intervention to apply the EORI to each order, not an easy task when shipping 1000's of parcels a week off shore. Can this not be automated by rule, that when shipping to EU, the EU EORI number is selected, and when shipping outside of the EU (Rest of World) the UK EORI is used?
36 Comments
harry1
First-timer (legacy)
Hello, Now the ability to add tax identifiers to orders has been implemented we need this action to be added to the automation rules because currently the only way to do this is manually on each order which will take too long.
tomasz
Rookie
exactly - this is crazy, imagine someone having 1000 parcels a week - really needed and essential task to do ASAP by developers
pete
First-timer (legacy)
It's not an understatement to say this is a vital function. Getting the Tax Identifiers was half the effort. We actually need to be able to use them. I'm glad you guys rolled half of the function out but it really is pretty awful that this was left until so late. Our January sale period is going to require a lot of extra mouse clicks. It's not even built as a required field so the potential for human error is high and likely to cause rejected shipments and ultimately customer complaints. Not impressed with how this has been implemented so incomplete at the last minute.
harry1
First-timer (legacy)
Thanks for voting Pete and Tomasz! hopefully shipstation get this sorted asap. I also got onto chat support and the agent said they would raise it with relevant teams, if enough of us ask they will move quicker hopefully
tomasz
Rookie
Hi Harry thanks for adding this topic, i try to share it everywhere so we can have more votes, do the same please share. I am really surprised this functionality was not introduced ages ago, what about before brexit, if you sent a parcel to USA or Canada, whenever outside EEU, you had to fill the EORI and VAT anyway, so this is like an ignorance from the development site. This is essential and it should be done from the very start of the shipstation system.
harry1
First-timer (legacy)
Hello Mark, Nice idea to put the tax identifiers on the packing slip but not all that useful, this information needs to be applied to the CN23 and the electronic customs data this is a feature they have enabled but you need to add it to each order individually, this is a request to enable the feature of auto applying these identifiers to the customs declaration based on the automation rules. I have set up HS codes all fine on our account these can be added at SKU level or defaulted for all orders.
markson
New Contributor
Hi Harry I see now, a definite need for this. What I have been concentrating on was making the packing slip work for couriers as a 'commercial invoice', I do now have the HS codes showing so should be OK.
markson
New Contributor
Don't forget shipping to NI using the XI EORI, there is another thread going for this with more votes. http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/330429-product-feedback-fresh-ideas/suggestions/42311746-add-...
matthewjnuttall
First-timer (legacy)
Hi, There is a really urgent need for this. Shipstation, please can you pick this up as soon as possible whether it's by automation rule or at an account level. Thanks, Matt
purchases
First-timer (legacy)
Please yes, can we have it as in the UK after BREXIT all exporters need to have an EORI number and the only way it fits is on the Tax Identifier box but it is annoying to type it manually.