cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
orders75
First-timer (legacy)
Because this original request I made for this was closed when an unrelated feature was introduced, I'm creating a new one. I would very much like to be able to have the automation in ShipStation be able to print. This would allow me to have it automatically print all new orders that have downloaded, so that warehouse personnel know an order has come in when the printer starts spitting out packing slips. This is something we're used to having in a different product we switched from to ShipStation and it's the main thing we miss. With printing being done through ShipStation Connect now, this should be entirely possible too. The other thing that would have be added is another feature that ShipStation really does need anyway: an indication of some kind that an order has already been printed. This would allow automation to "print all unprinted orders" as well as greatly reduce the possibility of orders being double-packed when more than 1 person is working shipping. We've had this happen multiple times simply because there's no good way to tell when an order has already been printed right now. Thank you!!
146 Comments
trent_kammerer
First-timer (legacy)
Thank you for the response! This feature is critical for us to move to the Shipstation platform. The reason we want to use Shipstation is mainly that we can put a barcode on the packing slip Currently, with our set up, we have a customized order notification generated by Shopify and have it sent to an email address by Shopify. From there we have a workstation with a printer attached with a piece of software we bought that listens for emails, prints the email and gracefully handles printing outages etc. My only ask would be to have an option to email the packing slip to an email address once Shipstation receives a new order. From there we can build the tech (already have) to ensure it gets to the printer.
jeff7
Occasional Contributor
Admin said, "You can see the print status in the Shipments tab." This is the WRONG place to display this. Once I've shipped the package I know that the the packing slip was printed. We need this visibility in the "Awaiting Shipment" tab. Please fix this. Jeff
stamps
First-timer (legacy)
Clearly, getting positive confirmation that a packing slip was printed is desireable, but may not be possible. As such, I would be good with an interim PS status...like "Packing Slip Queued". Maybe another scan that could confirm the packing slip is printed and ready for picking and packing. Then if any are stuck in the queued stage, someone can go in and reprint those if needed. I use a subscription service called 'printnode' (www.printnode.com) for some other progams I have that send labels to a printer. Works well and holds jobs if the printer is offline or out of paper. Many HP printers have print by email, that could be an option..to email the PDF to a specific email address and it will print out on the printer. I've used another service (no longer active) that would send print jobs to a windows service running on a computer that the printer is connected to (USB, TCP, whatever). That print service connected to the web server and monitored for incoming print jobs I believe. I think it also was aware of printer and job status and could tell if a job hadn't completed printing. I don't have more info on that, unfortunately.
sk8rjess
First-timer (legacy)
"for example, how to handle when the printer workstation is asleep or there is a hardware issue " Shipstation connect already handles this. So does the standard windows print manager. Slips would print when new orders are imported. There's no reason why that should be hard to implement. This is such a simple solution that Shipstation keeps ignoring for whatever reason when it's clearly one of the most requested features for YEARS.
eric6
First-timer (legacy)
I don't care about whether or not a packing slip had been previously printed. I just want the option to automatically print ALL imported orders automatically upon import, to a printer of my choice. (via Shipstation connect is fine)
ACME
First-timer
I have found a work around for this issue: My HP Officejet all-in-one allows automatic printing if an item is emailed to the printers web email address - Auto send orders to email - use the printers email address and there you go. I do not know if other brands do this I just know HP does.
support61
First-timer (legacy)
Is this work-around currently available through ship station? How do I set up ship station to email a copy of all orders to a certain address, and can I specify wether to email information in the body of the email, or as an attachment?
ACME
First-timer
Under Automation Rules you can set a rule - orders to send to email - even pick templates Go to settings - Automation - Automation Rules - Edit the default or create another - scroll down to send email
trent_kammerer
First-timer (legacy)
Does that work for custom packing slip templates?
stamps
First-timer (legacy)
Unless I'm missing something, I see no way to automate sending a packing slip by email...that would be very helpful. But looking at this, it seems to be that a good solution to this would be to add a "print Document" automation action, letting you select which document template (Packing Slip, picking slip, whatever), and which printer...i.e. ShipStation Connect printer. While doing this, also add packing slips to the email action.