cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
orders75
First-timer (legacy)
Because this original request I made for this was closed when an unrelated feature was introduced, I'm creating a new one. I would very much like to be able to have the automation in ShipStation be able to print. This would allow me to have it automatically print all new orders that have downloaded, so that warehouse personnel know an order has come in when the printer starts spitting out packing slips. This is something we're used to having in a different product we switched from to ShipStation and it's the main thing we miss. With printing being done through ShipStation Connect now, this should be entirely possible too. The other thing that would have be added is another feature that ShipStation really does need anyway: an indication of some kind that an order has already been printed. This would allow automation to "print all unprinted orders" as well as greatly reduce the possibility of orders being double-packed when more than 1 person is working shipping. We've had this happen multiple times simply because there's no good way to tell when an order has already been printed right now. Thank you!!
146 Comments
owen1
First-timer (legacy)
Give us the all the options. Personally, I'd prefer that when I create labels, the packing slip AND the shipping label print automatically on the printers (different) I have specified. But give us the option to have it print then, or automatically as soon as the order comes in. I might try that option. So when I walk in to my office to process orders, the packing slips are already printed. I grab them, prepare the boxes, then create the shipping labels with the boxes already prepared.
philadelphia
Occasional Contributor
'@ShipStation My understanding is to have the order automatically print as long as ShipStation Connect is running (There doesn't have to be an active user using ShipStation.com in Google Chrome, for example).
valerie
First-timer (legacy)
'@ShipStation I'd rather have the order automatically print as soon as it comes in (ie, Sunday at 4 am), so when I go to work on Monday morning everything is already printed and waiting for me ready-to-go on the printer.
orders75
First-timer (legacy)
Yes, it should print when a new order is downloaded. Printing at 4am or whenever is not a problem. The point, really, is that whenever the shipping staff is in next, the new orders are sitting on the printer ready to go. Upon manually initiating a store download, it should also print any new orders on the spot without needing to select and print them manually. Again, it would also need to have an indication that the order has been printed somewhere as well, to make sure nothing is missed even if there was some error or something preventing the printing of an order.
laura5
First-timer (legacy)
It would be great if the packing slips printed immediately.
henry7
First-timer (legacy)
We need this feature! Please shipstation, it will help us keep checking for orders that comes in and avoid duplicate of printing labels.
henry7
First-timer (legacy)
Everytime an order comes in it will automatically print the packing slip.
accounts20
First-timer (legacy)
Other users have already mentioned it, but I'd like to have the packing slips and labels automatically print when I press the "Create Labels" button with Quickship enabled. Having labels/packing slips automatically print as orders come in isn't something I would use right now, but it could be an option I will use in the future.
tulippack
First-timer (legacy)
Yes, please automatically print orders whenever it comes in. This is a life changer not to have unskilled employees touching the computer
moretto_n
First-timer (legacy)
This should 100% be added in. Also have the option for only orders containing specific products.