cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add [product name] and [customer_first_name] placeholders for email templates

SarahATX

Original post from user Kevin Merck

It would be awesome if we could use [product name] and [customer_first_name] placeholders in the emails! 

I'd also love to be able to change the background color and font color to match my website branding.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

SarahATX

Original reply from user Pierre Gagnon - Logistics

I believe you can edit the email templates to match your branding. However you will need to learn some HTML if you're not already there.

Maybe there is a workaround for your [product name] situation by using some automation rules to fill the [Custom field #n] with relevant information. Food for thought !

SarahATX

Hi Kevin!

The [Item List] field replacement does add the list of items in the order to the packing slip, but does it in a very specific way. It includes the Item # (i.e., SKU), Description (i.e., product name), and Quantity. Here is what it looks like on the default email: 

itemlist.png

However, there is no first name field replacement at this time - but I can see why you might want that!

The email editor does have a rich text editor that allows you to change font style and size, but color is not one of the options. To do more extensive customizations to your email template, you have to switch to the HTML edit mode, and as Pierre said, you'll need to know some HTML to accomplish those types of customizations.

Hope this helps!