cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional "services" on marketpalce orders

heathert73
Contributor

We offer our customers additional services such as "add a catalog to my order," or "notify me if items are on back order," and the option to rush an order for an additional fee.  On the checkout page, the customer checks the box next to the option or service they want to add to their order.  Is it possible to map these options to the orders in Shipstation using some of the fields available in the order notes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Howdy @heathert73

To my knowledge there are not any extra steps needed on the ShipStation side to map those fields for use. A recommendation to get this mapped out properly would be to place a testing order from WooCommerce with each of the different note fields filled in with "Note A", "Note B", etc etc. so that you can see where those note fields are set up to map to in ShipStation. 

Additionally, If you wish to map the "Custom Fields" specifically, the ShipStation support team can help map those options! That can be done either via the chat tool or email. Currently those available Custom Field options are: "Delivery Date", "Discount Amount", "Order Status", "PO Number", or "Requested Warehouse". By default, Custom Field 1 is mapped to "Coupon Code" but that can also be adjusted! These did not seem to meet the information you were mentioning in your original post but it as absolutely an option 🙂 

I hope this helps! 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Howdy @heathert73

This ability is different from integration to integration depending on the deal/connection that was created with ShipStation initially. From checking out the account, it looks like WooCommerce would be utilized regularly. On that front, you can absolutely use things like "Internal Note" or "Notes from Buyer" to bring in that sort of information! You can click here to read more direct detail about the options available for WooCommerce Integration Features.

We are so thrilled to have you participating in the community with us! I hope this helps! 

Thank you, @Moderator-Davis 

I have reviewed the options available in the link you have provide but I see no instructions on how to map those fields. When I look at my store setup, I cannot see where there is an area to map these sorts of services.  Are there additional instructions that I am not finding?  If not, who can I contact for support?

Preview

Howdy @heathert73

To my knowledge there are not any extra steps needed on the ShipStation side to map those fields for use. A recommendation to get this mapped out properly would be to place a testing order from WooCommerce with each of the different note fields filled in with "Note A", "Note B", etc etc. so that you can see where those note fields are set up to map to in ShipStation. 

Additionally, If you wish to map the "Custom Fields" specifically, the ShipStation support team can help map those options! That can be done either via the chat tool or email. Currently those available Custom Field options are: "Delivery Date", "Discount Amount", "Order Status", "PO Number", or "Requested Warehouse". By default, Custom Field 1 is mapped to "Coupon Code" but that can also be adjusted! These did not seem to meet the information you were mentioning in your original post but it as absolutely an option 🙂 

I hope this helps!