cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Feature Request: LTL Freight Shipments / Mark Order as Shipped Feature

H3
First-timer

I wish there was a way that when we need to ship an order via LTL freight that we would have the ability to use the "mark the order as shipped" feature on the orders page. The problem is that we can not create a custom name under carrier and we are forced to select any existing name in the carrier field .  Example: When we add the YRD freight tracking number in the tracking field we are required to enter the carrier name otherwise we can not mark order as shipped. We are currently selecting USPS as the carrier so that inventory can be deducted and we are able to close the order.  Using a different carrier name is confusing for the customer when the ship notification email is sent.  I suggest we have the ability to add a custom name under carrier or give us a generic field such as LTL Freight or other.

1 REPLY 1

MarkGollihur
New Contributor

I absolutely agree.

This is a major oversight. Many of the major carriers (like freight, particularly) are not in the list.

I'd also like to be able to add them, or at least have a "blank" option where I could type in one that isn't in the list for a particular order.

Since ShipStation does not, according to the documentation, follow up on tracking on packages that are "marked as shipped," this is just a simple text list of shippers and doesn't have any real programmatic "hooks" - it should be editable by user, IMHO. I'd be SO happy to remove all of those unnecessary courier services and just have a list of the 5-8 that I'd actually use.