cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Email Delivery Requirements for Yahoo and Gmail

KCR
New Contributor

I received a notice from Klaviyo, my email platform informing me of new requirements for deliverability to gmail and yahoo emails.

There are several new requirements, but one of the requirements is to "configuring your DMARC policy to p=none on your root domain”. I reached out to ShipStation Support per my web developers recommendation to ask if they support DMARC, DKIM or SPF. I was told  "ShipStation currently does not offer true white-labeling or the sending of shipment and delivery emails directly from your domain via DKIM or SPF configuration.” Starting in February, if these new requirements aren’t met, you'll start experiencing deliverability issues with emails sent to Google and Yahoo email addresses.

The ShipStation Support suggested I post this here so the product team will see it and can look into adding this ability to the product.

Here’s the link to the new Gmail and Yahoo requirements - https://academy.klaviyo.com/2024-new-sender-requirements-checklist/1817230?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_me...

15 REPLIES 15

api
New Contributor

This has been requested for almost 3+ years now in the forums. Hoping with this change from arguable two of the largest email providers in the US that shipstation will make the changes necessary. One of the options I am considering is not sending emails from shipstation anymore and utilizing klaviyo to send  messages that shipstation is currently sending for me.

extractlabs
New Contributor

Not only will email be marked as spam as it currently does with no validation, mail will flat out BOUNCE and be marked as undeliverable: "Gmail and Yahoo will now require - SPF, DKIM, and DMARC. Unauthenticated emails may be bounced with a 5.7.26 error or marked as spam."

This is unacceptable. $100 Shipstation will do nothing before the February 1st 2024 deadline. What work arounds can we implement on our own at this point?

Does anybody just know what the DKIM & SPF records for Shipstation's sendgrid integration is?

@api We are also using Klaviyo, what have you found as the best implementation method to send through Klaviyo, Zapier?

Anybody using woocommerce and have a better implementation method?

Thanks Everyone

https://www.extractlabs.com

UniquelyGeekly
Contributor

Its stunning that this hasn't been dealt with yet.  We've been asking for years and is seriously going to affect me if we don't find a way round it by Feb 1st.

WishShipStation
Contributor

No help from Ship Station.  Best to turn off the automatic emails and find another way.  Ship Station does not care about customer service.

Manager-Erin
Alumni
Alumni

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for being a part of our community and for bring this up in the community. I can tell you right now that this is actively on our radar, I am looking into this further to see if we have any additional details at this time. 

-Erin: Your Friendly ShipStation Community Manager

Thank you, this is very important as my regular customers rely on their tracking emails. We ship thousands of packages a month and if this can’t be fixed I’ll be forced to look at other options for shipping. I can only imagine the customer service nightmare if my customers are all emailing me because they don’t receive the information about their shipments. 

There is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE for you not have have this implemented yet. It pretty Pathetic that you won't fix your email system to the standards set by email providers. This should have been resolved years ago but no you do nothing...... thanks for not caring about our customers getting emails.

WishShipStation
Contributor

If you can have your shopping cart (like Shopify) send the emails instead that will be the only way to still work with Ship Station in two weeks.  That is what we did for now. Never assume Ship Station will manage to fix anything. Find your own solution.

Any idea how?  I can't find a way that I can automatically have my Shopify store send out emails when ShipStation updates the fulfilment/tracking status.  

You first have to turn off delivery notifications in Ship Station.  Once you do that shipping confirmations will be sent using the standard looking email that Shopify would send which you could change the look of in your Shopify admin if you want.  Within your admin it will still say "ShipStation sent a shipping confirmation email", but open it and the email will be the standard Shopify email sent by Shopify.  Shopify emails should pass DMARC.  They do for us anyways.  Ship Station emails coming from packlink, mailgun and Sendgrid ( I believe this is them too) and Ship Station all fail Dmarc. Ship Station cannot fix a problem they have had for years.  The software is filled with bugs, problems and the company does not care and they clearly do not read the community boards.

psyscope
Occasional Contributor

Dmarc policy has begun as already emails are not being sent. 

Rich
Occasional Contributor

WishShipStation
Contributor

I guessed Ship Station knew about the issue for at least 2-3 years, but this is ridiculous if it is 8 years.  The company spends all their time making a new order view that no one likely cares that much about instead of fixing the actual problems with the product they sell.

Manager-Erin
Alumni
Alumni

Hey Community!

You may have heard about the Google and Yahoo! email updates, we have, too.

If you use ShipStation’s default tracking email for customer shipment notifications (tracking@shipstation.com), your emails are already configured to pass DMARC checks. You do not need to take any further action.

While ShipStation doesn’t currently support domain verification, we are working on a solution so that when your brand’s email is used to send notifications, the recipient’s mail server does not filter the email as spam. You can find additional updates or changes in this article. If any questions arise, please feel free to contact our support team.

Happy Shipping!

-Erin: Your Friendly Neighborhood ShipStation Community Manager