cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Error - There was a problem downloading the document

ShipMan
New Contributor

Brand new Windows 10 PC, Brand new Zebra ZD420d Direct Thermal printer.

Get the error "Printing Error - There was a problem downloading the document" when trying to print a label.

Can print from Windows to the Zebra just fine, and can print to other printers from ShipStation just fine. This printer is supposed to be compatible with ShipStation, so what the heck is going on? I tried all the steps described here, including De-activating and re-activating the printer:

https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025853172-Unable-to-Print#shipstation-connect-maco...

At my wits end here ... any suggestions, other than getting a different label printer? I don't have time for that if I am gonna make my project deadline.

By the way, I get the same results with the Zebra connected to a Mac.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

Howdy @ShipMan

Sometimes we do see that type of printing error when the computer is trying to run two instances of ShipStation Connect at the same time. If you have gone through your Activity Monitor/Task Manager on the computer and confirmed that only 1 instance of ShipStation Connect (can also show up as nw.exe) is running, but are still seeing this behavior, my recommendation is to get with our Support team via chat or email directly so that they can work with you in your specific instance directly as you are troubleshooting. 

I hope this helps! 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

hfdsalfal
First-timer

I'm getting the same problem. Just was troubleshooting with support and apparently there's currently no fix and it is a widespread problem. 

Hey there, 

Thank you for your post! If you are still experiencing this issue, our team is happy to help. Below are the steps we recommend using for a Windows Computer.  If you run into any further issues please reach out to support. 

Instructions for Windows:

Before following the steps below, deactivate the workstation in ShipStation Connect before quitting the app.

1. Right-click on the ShipStation Connect icon in the System Tray and choose Exit.
    • If you cannot Exit ShipStation Connect this way, click CTRL+ALT+DELETE and open the Task Manager.
    • Then locate the nw.exe process in the list.
    • Right-click on the nw.exe process and click End Task.
  2. Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and select ShipStation Connect.
  3. Click Uninstall/Change in the toolbar, then select Remove Application.
  4. Open your File Explorer, type %localappdata%, and press Enter.
  5. Find the ShipStation Connect folder, then right-click and Delete it.
  6. Find the Apps folder and right-click and delete it.
  7. Re-download ShipStation Connect from ​​ShipStation Account Settings > Printing > ShipStation Connect​​ and reinstall ShipStation Connect. There is also a link to download the 4.10 version of ShipStation connect here.

Happy Shipping!

-Cara