cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipstation Connect Unstable

birdsafe
Occasional Contributor

Recently I've been losing connection with SS connection or losing the devices saved to certain functions. At least once a day I have to re-select the label and forms printers.

9 REPLIES 9

Hey there @birdsafe,

Have you noticed anything specific for when you lose that connection? I ask because when the computer or printer goes into a sleep or power saver type mode, it can break the connection to ShipStation Connect. But if there is another commonality to when that connection is lost, we would love to document that. 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

birdsafe
Occasional Contributor

Can't really say - other that this morning when I started printing, I had to reassign the printers -- and as far as I know a label printer doesn't go to sleep.  There have been many times when my document printers have gone to sleep and they don't get disconnected.

@birdsafe

Thanks for getting back to us! 

We appreciate this feedback as we look to improve the ShipStation Connect experience. 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

aschreck
Occasional Contributor

I have to reassign printers regularly. I have all labels set to my Zebra printer and I randomly get prompted to use my Brother printer. When I go to check the settings it always still says to use the Zebra. 

Bobby_M
Contributor

Agree. We have to set printing preferences almost daily. It defaults back to "generating your packing list" (or label) and then we select "use shipstation connect", select the printer we want and check the box that says "remember this selection". It works all day and then a day or two later we have to do that again. It doesn't matter if I set the preferences in the settings/admin area or if we set them as described above.

james11
Occasional Contributor

Literally every day we have to go in and reassign defaults for label printing, packing slips, etc. It's a huge pain and my staff complains about it constantly.

Same issue here. WOULD REALLY LIKE A FIX, SHIP STATION. Low confidence in flaky software!

Hello @howardmw

Thank you for being a part of our community and for posting. Have you created a ticket with our support team to troubleshoot this further. This is going to be the only way forward towards finding a solution. If you are having trouble chatting in you can always send an email to support@shipstation.com. 

-Erin: Your Friendly Neighborhood ShipStation Community Manager 

saied
First-timer

Ever since upgrading to the new version of Shipstation Connect, we cannot print labels directly. We have to download them and then print manually. Why isn't integration with Rollo supported?