cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS international orders shipped to Postal Processing Facility?

Mincing
First-timer

I was wondering why our USPS international orders are being shipped to a Postal Processing Facility rather than the customer's address? It always shipped directly to the customer, I wonder why the change?

5 REPLIES 5

Hey there @Mincing

Thank you for coming to the community for answers! 

What you are experiencing there is in result of the Global Advantage Program that the ShipStation/Stamps accounts are in by default. This is by design and will be relabeled with the c

With that in mind, please check out this Knowledge Base article about GAP for full details! 

There is a section near the bottom of the page with details on how to remove yourself from this account, should you want to do so.

I hope this helps! 🙂 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

mjfc
Occasional Contributor

Removal instructions don't seem to be correct.  My account is prior to August 6, 2019 and I always choose "package" for USPS 1st class international mail.  It happens when doing that and happens with international priority mail.  I am shipping merchandise and need a customs form, so choosing documents is not an option.

Howdy! 

Thank you for taking the time to post about this behavior.

We have developed and released a new tool as of last night that allows our support team to help you opt out of GAP!

You will no longer have to reach out to Stamps.com directly to do so. Simply reach out to our support team via email or live chat and this request can be made. 

I hope this helps! 

Sledge
First-timer

does this affect them receiving the item? first time I've seen this happen myself, its a little worrisome!

Hello there @Sledge

No it does not! Your customer is still very much the "end of the line" for the package. It is simply re-labeled at the Processing Facility to reflect the final destination 🙂