cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay Migration. Any Takers, Yet?

imix4u
Contributor

We got a pop-up today telling us we need to migrate to the new ebay integration.  Any takers, yet? Any issues?

https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360057921791#plan-your-migration-0-0

Just a guy with an awesome beard who loves coffee, Bourbon, and music. I also sell a ton of truck and Jeep accessories.
10 REPLIES 10

Dave
Contributor

We did yesterday and YES a major issue with Packing Slips. The field [Item Options] previously imported only the size variable. Now it imports EVERY ITEM SPECIFIC. This is an API translation problem and needs to be fixed by developers. They need to set it so the [Item Options] only imports Size, Color, or whatever actual VARIABLE is there for that product. There are so many Item Specifics that it truncates even one item on the slip rendering it useless.

Dave
Contributor

We are reverting back to the old way until they fix this. It is unusable for us in this state.

Dave
Contributor

Hey Dev Team, this is for you:

I opened a support case and they asked me to migrate again so they could look at it further. I said this:

"I am not switching back over. This totally messes up my Automations. When a store is deactivated, it goes blank in the Automation. I use the automations for setting all of my shipping options based on the order. Look, this issue will affect EVERY Ebay user who has a product with Variations that are printed on the Packing Slip. Size, color, etc . This is not a MINOR issue . I cannot believe the developers who adjusted the API translations did not see this WAY before recommending that people migrate. Did they not test it at all? Are WE the testers? That's not OK. Tell them to do what they are supposed to do and use a puppet account in a sandbox until they get it right. I'm not migrating until it works correctly and I do not have time to be a Beta tester for Ebay migrations. I regret even trying it when the popup came up."

Hi Dave, 

Thank you for being a part of our community and for your feedback.

I was able to look into what you are currently experiencing and see that this is something that has been reported by other users and has been escalated to our integration team. They are currently working to resolve this now.

We know feeling like a guinea pig can be frustrating. But I want to assure you that before we launch an integration, our team goes through a research, testing, and early access user acceptance phase. Everything that can be tested is tested and our team tries to cover as many possibilities as we can before releasing it wide.

That said, it’s not possible to test every possible scenario or configuration. Some testing, due to the complexity of the work and the ecosystem, just isn’t always possible. When we do release the integration, our team works as hard as possible to be on-call, triage issues as they arise, and implement solutions quickly.

I can understand where you are coming from about not wanting to switch back over to the new integration. Please know that our support team would not have asked this of you if it was not necessary for troubleshooting. 

We ask you to show us the behavior as it occurs in your account for a few reasons: 

• We need to be able to have a model to use and replicate in our test accounts 
  • Our test accounts- ShipStation and selling channels-  do not have live orders and do not have the same configuration as an active seller account.
  • Each account is configured differently and we have to account for these variables.
  • We need to confirm that this behavior is still occurring for your account, especially in cases where we are already actively working on solutions. 

I know that this is already actively being worked on by our integrations team, but for the future working through troubleshooting with our support team will help provide us with valuable information that will expedite the process.

-Erin: Your Friendly ShipStation Community Manager 

BL
New Contributor

Lots of problems with this new integration. For us we have issues with the paid date is not importing so the order does not show an age. This is a serious problem and they have been very slow to solve the issues. Nice to know that they do not care much about my business.

Hi BL, 

Thank you for being a part of our community and for your feedback. 

I was able to get an update from our integrations team on this and they let me know that this close to being finished. Right now the fix is being tested and going through QA but it would be safe to expect it soon. I will be sure to update this thread as soon as I have an update.

-Erin: Your Friendly ShipStation Community Manager 

Why not release the product when it is complete and operational instead of testing it on customers?

nbowers
New Contributor

still problems with this.  Such an easy fix to program, basic logic. All this extra data not only clusters up packing slips but pick list as well. Even within the software it clogs up the screen.  Age works in V3 but stopped working in V2... Problem is V3 is a disaster and nearly unusable. Every day we have to switch back and forth.  V3 should be scrapped and this eBay integration fixed fast.

BL
New Contributor

Lots of problems. I just discovered that this new integration does not import variations created in ebay... of course I found out because a very unhappy customer! But don't worry, I have messaged customer service and they have assured my that my problems have been escalated to their developers (I assume they outsource this overseas given the quality of the product)

minkia38
Occasional Contributor

has anyone else gone over? are there ANY benefits to doing this? Does anyone know WHY they are doing this instead of updating the old integration?

I am still on the old integration, and it seems to work fine