cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
MikeJ
First-timer
We are adding UPS's new shipping program called Simple Rate, we need this added to ShipStation.
88 Comments
help8
First-timer (legacy)
Yes, please add this! UPS Simple Rate is necessary.
rreynolds
First-timer (legacy)
jumping ship soon if simple rate is not added by end of year.
elena_crystal
First-timer (legacy)
Our company is using the simple rate option for now 60% of shipments... i really hope it is added soon or we will have to look for an alternate program. since we are using ups.com to process these flat rate shipments, there is a lot of manual work that we have to avoid.
jesse4
First-timer (legacy)
I just requested my rep to have the API added. I waited for MONTHS for my previous rep to say it was on Shipstation and not UPS. But it all makes sense now... thanks Micahel! My last several reps have been hit or miss on my requests, or even getting back to me. If I don't hear anything I will remind my rep that the similar FedEx One Rate program is accessible through API, and they are eager for more of my business. Maybe UPS doesn't want any of our business?
rreynolds
First-timer (legacy)
if it that was so @michael @Jesse we as the end user will have little influence on this including this thread. If a REST API is not available, it's easily done on UPS side as the whole UPS site is using API calls. This fully rest on Ship station and UPS. shipstation is in a developer program. they have a direct line to the developers and such. this is solely on shipstation to get movement on this and UPS to get agreement with shipstation.
mpiscopo
First-timer
It is available on ShipStation - I use it everyday. Here's what you do to get it to work: First you need to have UPS create you a second account for the Simple Rates (if you don't already have it). Then add the second UPS account under Carriers and Fulfillment. Now when you process an order in ShipStation click on the order number to pull up the order detail screen. Set the shipping weight and size, packaging and UPS Ground as the service type. Then under Other Shipping Accounts select the second UPS account you're using for Simple Rates shipping. You'll see the simple rate show up as the new shipping rate now. This has been working seamlessly for me for months now. See attached screen capture.
mike11
New Contributor
Thanks Mark!
kyle3
New Contributor
'@Mark genius workaround, thank you sir
GREG9
First-timer (legacy)
I have also been using UPS Simple Rate through Shipstation for months now, by having a 2nd UPS Account set up for Simple Rate. However, do you find that the Simple Rates are different than the UPS Website when you enter weights in ShipStation? I ship anywhere from 5 lb items to 50 lb items, but in ShipStation the weight will change the rate, whereas on the UPS Website, weight isn't even an option to enter.
jesse4
First-timer (legacy)
boy, that would be really inconvenient to add an extra step when you ship hundreds of packages... we barely have time to enter the box size, let alone select another dropdown... I would say a separate account to select is a bandaid at best, but at least the feature availability is confirmed...