cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
shipping206
First-timer (legacy)
It would be nice if there was a field in the shipping calculator that will allow us to quote the shipping cost with the carrier insurance included. Right now, we have to either make an order, or click Create Label and then add the value and go through each shipping method to give the customer an accurate cost.
11 Comments
shipping207
First-timer (legacy)
Because the rate calculator does not currently factor in the cost of insurance, and because I ship something that's insured at a high value, the estimate tool is not helpful. My workaround is to create a dummy order, use that to make an estimate, then delete the order. This is time consuming and clunky. I would love the calculator tool to include shipping as an estimate. Thank you.
support222
First-timer (legacy)
This is also a feature we would like to see. We need to charge / display to the customer the total cost of shipping (including insurance). We have had to calculate this in the app using the shipsurance rates and the cost of goods in the cart. Would be great to remove this process and get it as one cost from the ShipStation API.
sandy6
First-timer (legacy)
We are also looking forward to hear if this has been implemented or not. We are using Shipstation API to get the shipping rates on our webstore and the rates are mismatching because there is no insurance component returned in the response.
brian37
First-timer (legacy)
OMG! Yes, thanks so much for putting this in. I have been working with Lightspeed for a couple of weeks trying to get a work around and since we always insure things, probably 20 item or more a day, we are constantly losing money on freight because insurance isn't included.
nehlers
First-timer (legacy)
Agree completely! Right now the quoting "Calculator" side of ShipStation is limited... what I get for actual charges on my carrier shipments is NOT what is typically reflected in the calculator portion of ShipStation. This includes being able to select insurance, put in actual physical addresses for the calculator, etc. More work on this functionality is needed so that this can be used effectively on both ends - prior to an order, and to fulfill!
shipping98
First-timer (legacy)
I just created my shipstation account and am using the shipstation API. This is an important feature - the need to not just get a shipping rate, but also insurance is necessary to provide the customer with an overall cost to ship and insure a package. PLease consider adding this key feature!
josh15
First-timer (legacy)
A rate without insurance is like a car without wheels. Still a car, but doesn't really work. We insure everything. Sometimes we have very high value items, and the cost to insure can easily be twice or more than the shipping cost. Without including the insurance cost, this tool is largely worthless to us. In addition, it would be nice to have the ability to get rates with insurance through the ShipStation API. As it is now, we have the same problem. Please make this improvement. Thank you.
andrew8
First-timer (legacy)
We use Rate Calculator for all our delivery orders, daily more than 50 orders and based on the shipping rate our fulfillment team generates shipping label. Most of the time we see price difference with the get_rate vs label generated when insurance option is added. This is the must have feature for our team to work efficiently without creating confusion between both rates.
adrian_v
First-timer (legacy)
This would be really useful. Please add Carrier Insurance option to the shipping calculator!!!
Electro
First-timer
This would be a huge time-saver, and the cost would be covered upfront by the customer; I am sometimes short on collected shipping fees, after I add insurance. Ideally, I would want to set a threshold to where shipping is then automatically included in the quote to customers.