cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erica4
First-timer (legacy)
Etsy is getting ready to integrate gift wrapping and gift messages into their sales platform. I'm hoping there will be an alert for each order containing this information within ShipStation once it goes into effect. Gift messages are going to be made available to all orders at no charge, so every Etsy seller will have to deal with them whether they want to or not, and I am concerned I'll get a gift message request and not know about it. Ideally, I would also like to see a way to print ONLY gift message packing slips and not every packing slip in a batch, since I don't typically include packing slips with my orders.
114 Comments
wenjie_zhou
Rookie
we need a target timeline for this.
decals
First-timer (legacy)
I agree. I don't typically include a packing slip because I ship hundreds of orders a day. I don't want to print a ream of paper every day that I know people just throw away. What would be the best option is for Shipstation to allow us to make a template for the gift message so we can make it look nice and have it print on a 4X6 shipping label right after the shipping label for the package. That way they gift message will not get lost or separated from the order as it will print out with all the shipping labels and you know it belongs to the label before it.
wenjie_zhou
Rookie
Vote!Vote!
yadayadayadaco
First-timer (legacy)
Ive missed several gift messages already unknowingly! Just alert me when there is a request for a gift message at the very least.
elizabeth4
First-timer
On every checkout page in Etsy, it gives customers the option to mark their order as a gift, and it states: "This order is a gift Prices will not be shown on packing slip" However, it does not show up as a gift when imported into ShipStation. You can turn off the option to add a gift message in Etsy, but there is no way to turn off marking it as a gift with removal of the pricing. This is very important to have! 🙂
susan5
First-timer (legacy)
Has this issue been fixed yet? We missed so many gift notes and I am planning on switching to another shipping company that does offer this.
jsmith22
First-timer (legacy)
Any progress on this? I have some pretty upset customers as most of my orders are gifts with messages included.
ty1
First-timer (legacy)
Where is the feature, we need it!
owner1
First-timer (legacy)
We would like to have the Etsy Gift Message feature as well in ShipStation. We now have to pay attention to each order in Etsy to make sure we are not missing a gift message and when we do note it is a gift we print the gift message right from Etsy. Would be nice to be able to do it all in Etsy and have a way to tell ShipStation to print an Etsy Gift Message packing slip template from the automated rules.
DaveSheff
First-timer
Just had to re-ship a $30 sale because of this bug. It looks like ShipStation is a legacy product now, just wringing $$ out of existing customers, with no plans to fix simple bugs like this. 2 year old bugs and the lack of a public facing roadmap means I'll be actively looking for a new solution over the coming weeks.