cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erica4
First-timer (legacy)
Etsy is getting ready to integrate gift wrapping and gift messages into their sales platform. I'm hoping there will be an alert for each order containing this information within ShipStation once it goes into effect. Gift messages are going to be made available to all orders at no charge, so every Etsy seller will have to deal with them whether they want to or not, and I am concerned I'll get a gift message request and not know about it. Ideally, I would also like to see a way to print ONLY gift message packing slips and not every packing slip in a batch, since I don't typically include packing slips with my orders.
114 Comments
peggyandco15
First-timer (legacy)
I think it would be safe to assume that Etsy does send the data if pirateship is able to implement
Not applicable
Etsy does include these fields in their API so it's up to ShipStation to implement it or not. Here's a screenshot from their API documentation.
12cwest
New Contributor
I emailed ShipSation about this & a couple other Etsy integrations we need (like due dates) & they just told me to leave feedback. When I mentioned this was one of the highest rated requests & asked why it hadn't been implemented, they said: "For these features this is directly related to the integration between ShipStation and Etsy directly. I do apologize for the inconvenience of this and totally understand the need to have these options import to ShipStation. While I dont have an exact ETA on when or if these will be integrated to ShipStation but my best recommendation would be to either vote on the existing requests or submit a new request for this feature. This is the direct line of communication for our developers. I wish I had a better answer for you on this. Please let me know if you have any further questions. "
dave19
First-timer (legacy)
This is so disappointing on Shipstation's part, a complete lack of providing the best service to its customers. This has been a huge issue for us for years now. When I reached out to support years ago, I received the same type of response. They simply said to vote and this "feature will be considered". This is not a "feature" request, its an essential part of doing business. Customer's on these marketplaces pay money for Gift Wrap/Gift Messages. I am not sure if this is still correct as it was a year ago now, but by not importing this information, it also makes the order line items and dollar amount incorrect. So when a person pays for giftwrap ($5 for instance), it is not imported, and the order total is off by $5. Anyone who uses Etsy REQUIRES this information to be pulled in. Etsy's API makes it available. Without this information, it defeats the purpose of using Shipstation, especially when we get 150 orders a day. Going to Etsy's interface to manually check these is a logistical nightmare. The absolute saddest part of this ordeal is that this used to be fully implemented years ago. We used to see the checkboxes on whether this was giftwrap/message, as well as having the message port over. Whether it was Etsy or Shipstation's update to cause the disconnect, they have never taken the time to fix it. Just so disappointing.
sales17
First-timer (legacy)
Has anyone else been successful with using "Integromat" to automatically import gift messages into Shipstation?
Not applicable
I haven't used Integromat but I have used Automate.io and Zapier to utilize Etsy order emails to parse out gift information but Automate.io is $19/29mo (annual/monthly) I looked at how ShipStation describes Etsy on their help page and it's insulting frankly. Did a 5 year old write that? Was it written 10 years ago and never looked at again? Stamps.com owns the parent company of ShipStation (along with a few other web based shipping software options). They obviously have no interest in implementing this feature for Etsy sellers as I don't think they take Etsy seriously or anyone who sells on it. Clearly they are focused on the big guys like Amazon, Ebay etc. Never mind that Etsy just generated over $1.1 billion in revenue from $6.9 billion in gross merchandise sales on its marketplace over the past 4 quarters. I am sure there were very very few gifts in that 6.9B of sales on Etsy (A GIFT MARKETPLACE) so why would it be important to bring gift order information into ShipStation? Us Etsy sellers DEFINITELY have time to manually check every Etsy order to see if it's a gift, if the customer paid for gift wrapping and if they want a gift message and then manually update that information into ShipStation. Anyway I just chatted with Pirate Ship and it does support Etsy gift orders AND ITS TOTALLY FREE TO USE. Checked the rates on about 15 random orders. The same. Why am I paying $$ every month to ShipStation when I can get better service and the same rates for free? Anyone here been able to get an answer from ShipStation support in less than a week lately? IDK but I just chatted with PirateShip and got immediate answers to all my questions PLUS they went over and above with showing me exactly how to do something step by step without me having to ask. Anyway... onward and upward.
sales17
First-timer (legacy)
'@ Jessica Bessent Copper Fox Co Were you able to get the duplicate order issue resolved with Integromat? I am having the exact same problem...
DaveSheff
First-timer
ShipStation is a legacy software. This means they're not working on anything new, they're just wringing every last dollar out of it that they can. They have no public road map on features. This forum is just to make us think they actually care. I don't expect this issue to ever be fixed because of this.
sales17
First-timer (legacy)
'@ David Sheffield That is simply false. They are currently working on an entirely new and updated version of Shipstation.
copperfoxco
First-timer
'@ Palmetto Wood Shop I haven't gotten the duplicate order issue figured out yet. I've had an open case with the for a while, and continue to get a response that the issue is in the queue for the tech team... I still find it easier than fielding constant confusion in messages regarding gift notes, and/or messages from gift recipients asking about who sent an item. I have it set to pull in no item info (1. to make sure we don't ship out both orders accidentally and 2. if I see an order with a qty 0 I know it's just a gift message). So my process looks something like this. 1 - etsy orders is imported 2 - empty order from integromat is imported with gift note 3 - gift note is copy/pasted to Etsy order 4 - integromat order is cancelled I then go in and combine all the empty integromat orders in the cancelled order screen to eliminate the duplicate order coming up in order searches. Alternatively, you could turn off Etsy integration and only import orders using integromat, then do a reverse for updating tracking infomation. I haven't done that yet as I'm hoping integromat will fix this issue sooner rather than later. I'm happy to share the integromat scenario I used with anyone who wants it, just email me jessica at copperfoxco dot com