cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
bartmotes
First-timer (legacy)
We ship live plants, so we always pack the same day we ship. This is problematic for scheduling pickups since you have to do it the day before. I don't really understand why you need to have all the details about your shipments before scheduling a pickup. Instead, you should be able to schedule a generic pickup with perhaps just basic estimates about the size of the shipment, example given: 10 small boxes, 10 boxes approximately 18x18x8, and five boxes 18x18x24. This information could be automatically updated when you create a batch relevant to the shipper for that day.
7 Comments
paigekaleita
First-timer (legacy)
Allow us to save our shipment pickup window so we don't have to re-enter it every time we schedule a carrier pickup.
paigekaleita
First-timer (legacy)
Allow us to save our shipment pickup window so we don't have to re-enter it every time we schedule a carrier pickup.
bo
First-timer (legacy)
There was an update and the separate tab for USPS pickup is now gone its integrated into Carrier Pickups. I really do not like that I have to make labels first before being able to schedule a pickup. Especially since on the USPS website I can just put estimates for times. I often want to be able to schedule a pickup soon after I put in the last one and I don't want my customers to get a notificaiton too early in case there is an issue with a pick up. And for example if I wanted to schedule a pickup for monday on satuday if i had to make a label that cusotmer would get a notification on saturday but thier package wont go out until monday. That is unacceptable. And I don't want to have to rely on remembering to make a label sunday night in order to scheudle the pickup for monday without excessive notice to the customer. Please change the feature requests for USPS carriers or bring back the old separate tab!
info85
First-timer (legacy)
THIS. We need a manual option to request USPS pickups, like it was before the integration into Carrier Pickups. There are a multitude of reasons for this, but the main one is if ShipStation coders mess up (like they have currently while working out expected bugs with this new integration), ShipStation users will still have a manual override/workaround without having to waste time working around this temporary coding mistake by separately entering a pickup request through Stamps.com or USPS.com. Because of current coding in ShipStation, right now we are having to fudge the shipping cutoff time changeover so we are printing labels dated for tomorrow starting at 6AM today, just so we have a pickup request option available to submit for the next day. If our courier (who is awesome) picks up pre-dated packages for tomorrow, today - which has happened before as we often have daily pickups - our local, super organized, by-the-book USPS branch will hold the orders from going on the truck that night to the sorting facility until the next day. This frustrates our customers, who complain to us and then us ShipStation users complain to ShipStation. It's a cycle of wasted time and energy. Please help us help you by giving us a manual override USPS pickup option. I think most of us on here are competent enough to have the correct SCAN forms and packages ready when our courier arrives. Another reason why a manual/override pickup request is useful is a lot of users are also on Amazon. Amazon guarantees to cover shipping losses, BUT ONLY if you use their shipping labels. We have daily pickups because of these and having an option to manually schedule a pickup that can include a manually adjusted tally for ALL orders across all platforms expected for pickup makes our lives a lot easier and less stressful as it helps us proactively manage customer expectations and keeps our couriers happy and informed. Many thanks in advance for this small coding change that will save everyone a bunch of time and grief!
info85
First-timer (legacy)
We need a manual override option to request USPS pickups, regardless of orders, like it was before the integration into Carrier Pickups. There are a multitude of reasons for this, but the main one is if ShipStation coders mess up (like they have currently while working out expected bugs with this new integration), SS users will still have a manual override/workaround without having to waste time working around this temporary coding mistake by separately entering a pickup request through Stamps.com or USPS.com. (I mean, if we can already do this outside of the SS platform, we should be able to do it inside, like before, as well.) Because of current coding in SS, right now we are having to fudge the shipping cutoff time changeover so we are printing labels dated for tomorrow starting at 6AM today, just so we have a pickup request option available to submit for the next day. If our courier (who is awesome) picks up pre-dated packages for tomorrow, today - which has happened before as we often have daily pickups - our local, super organized, by-the-book USPS branch will hold the orders from going on the truck that night to the sorting facility until the next day. This frustrates our customers, who complain to us and then us ShipStation users complain to ShipStation. It's a cycle of wasted time and energy. Please help us help you by giving us back the manual override USPS pickup option. I think most of us on here are competent enough to have the correct SCAN forms and packages ready when our courier arrives. Another reason why a manual/override pickup request is useful is a lot of users are also on Amazon. Amazon guarantees to cover shipping losses, BUT ONLY if you use their shipping labels. We have daily pickups because of these and having an option to manually schedule a pickup that can include a manually adjusted tally for ALL orders across all platforms expected for pickup makes our lives a lot easier and less stressful as it helps us proactively manage customer expectations and keeps our couriers happy and informed. Many thanks in advance for this small coding change that will save everyone a bunch of time and grief!
sales16
First-timer (legacy)
We are a small company and do pickup from a different address than that listed on the FROM address on the labels. With the old manual pickup request, we were able to do this. Now we are forced to do pickup only from the address from which we have packages ready to ship. Really!? This is stupid to force us to do this. We now have to go to USPS website, fill out their long forms for pickup and waste time. All so we can do pickup from a different address than that which we ship from. We have our reasons to doing this and would like to keep it this way, but can't do that with the latest Shipstation version.
Status changed to: No status
SuperMgr-Sarah
Employee
Employee