cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we assign a line item on an order to be non inventory item. (For Scanning Purposes)

NEV
Contributor

Our woocommerce store has some products that have a core charge. The core charge is applied as an additional fee on the order. However, It looks like shipstation is receiving it as a product which when using scan to verify, it requires us to verify it. Is there a way through custom fields or some other modification to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3

Hey there @NEV

What comes to mind for me is to potentially have a custom field setup to hold that "core charge" when importing from the selling channel, like you mentioned! This could then be combined with an automation rule to tag that order based on the custom field value, if you wanted a more grid friendly representation of where those "core charges" are present, but that will of course come down your preferred workflow. 

I would also be very interested in how other community members have worked through this type situation.

I hope this helps! 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

Thank you, where can I find a workflow on how to use custom fields. I have tried looking in Shipstation Articles

Happy Friday @NEV

That setup would actually happen in WooCommerce directly as ShipStation would then import whatever information is passed in that Custom field. Our article covering WooComm covers it a bit! Check this out! You'll see a link there that takes you back to WooComm for how to set up those custom field changes! 

I hope this helps! 🙂 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!