cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove customer's phone number for the label

Ramos21
New Contributor

Hello All, 

I googled and tried everything to remove the customer's phone number from the 4x6 label and I can't automatically make that happen. I tried AfterShip, ShippingEasy, and EasyShipping, and for the past month, I've been using ShipStation. Everything is working properly except the customer's phone number on the label. I reached out to ShipStation support and they said it's a required field and UPS asks for that, but I disagree because I am able to manually edit customer information > remove the customer's phone number > then create/buy the label just fine.

Please this is driving me nuts and I can't manually remove from hundreds of orders. Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

jeremiah_lchh
Contributor

Why are you trying to remove the phone number? Carriers want it on there in case they need to contact the customer when they are delivering it.

Moderator-Davis

Hey there @Ramos21

There is not an automated way to remove those phone numbers, as the carrier's do prefer, if not request, to have that contact info available. 

The only idea that comes to mind would be to potentially check where the orders are importing from to see if that info can be removed prior to import into ShipStation. 

Although, to reiterate what @jeremiah_lchh mentioned, I may not recommend that adjustment.

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

Ramos21
New Contributor

I don't think anyone would like their personal phone number on the label. Order from Amazon does not have phone numbers on the label. 
I can't delete it from the E-COMMERCE since I use multiples platforms and I have no control