cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
support51
First-timer (legacy)
It will be SAFER for us to have a Secure Account, which our information is our own secret for the safety of the customers and the business itself. I believe Shipstation, like other businesses, might need some third-party verification features for loggin in process. A Two-Step Verification should be great for preventing unwanted login and threats attacking our accoutns. A notification of any logins toward the account owner is helpful to determine whether the account is getting any illegal access. Following that, it is necessary for the account owner to know whether I got any unwanted visits. Hence, I also want to suggest an IP-checker to view the IPs and the location of all access. How do you guys think about it?
9 Comments
instantsale777
First-timer (legacy)
I am not sure why this has not been implemented, however this is rather a major security concern. There are no notifications when a login attempt is made. A simple email sent that a login was made/attempted.
support51
First-timer (legacy)
It will be SAFER for us to have a Secure Account, which our information is our own secret for the safety of the customers and the business itself. I believe Shipstation, like other businesses, might need some third-party verification features for loggin in process. A Two-Step Verification should be great for preventing unwanted login and threats attacking our accoutns. A notification of any logins toward the account owner is helpful to determine whether the account is getting any illegal access. Following that, it is necessary for the account owner to know whether I got any unwanted visits. Hence, I also want to suggest an IP-checker to view the IPs and the location of all access. How do you guys think about it?
KC
New Contributor

Hello,

2FA is considered a standard security feature and we should have the ability configure it for all Shipstation user accounts. 

Many Thanks

Status changed to: New
SuperMgr-Sarah
Employee
Employee

support106
First-timer

I agree. We need more security options for the account. Coming here after finding multiple orders in our que that were not our customers. Someone got in the account and tried to have several thousand dollars worth of merchandise sent to them. And the only thing i seem to be able to do is change the password... 2 factor authentication with the ability to remember specific devices would be important in the future. 

rorrison
Rookie

Absolutely agree.  Access to our customers personal data should be as secure as possible.  Simple username/password is not enough.

am2
Occasional Contributor

I commented on another idea - so obvious to everyone that at least 2 Factor authentication should be added.  I agree with all of the other statements too.  

We are trusting shipstation with a lot of data - they should at least take it's more security seriously.

TB1999
First-timer

Completely agree with the earlier comments. To be honest I am at a loss to understand why 2FA isn't standard on ShipStation.

connovpw
First-timer

Any updates on this? It's terrifying that the only way to secure user accounts is to manually connect to an employee's computer than add a cookie to their browser then pray they never clear it.