cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heads up using Shipsurance

PSD
New Contributor

We've been using Shipstation for probably 5 years now and we had to finally file a claim on a package. We used Shipsurance because it is a cheaper option, and it's integrated with Shipstation. I want to give a huge warning to anyone using them because using any branded packing tape will void your claim. Our tape is just a logo with no words and they have claimed it alludes to the contents of the packaging. Also, in accordance to them if you use any branded shipping labels or bubble mailers you will not be eligible for an insurance claim and it will be denied. 

I highlight this because it's very counter intuitive that Shipstation offers those branded shipping labels, and also promotes a company who will deny your claim if you use those services. Just pay the extra money and use a non-third party insurance provider. We spent probably 10K annually with Shipsurance prior to this. Below is the clause they keep pointing to, but it's extremely vague and ultimately leaves you open to having your claim denied for even your logo on the shipping label. 

"

1. Loss, damage, shortage, or non-arrival of any parcel or freight and its contents when it bears a descriptive label or packaging which describes, or alludes to, the nature of the contents. This includes the manufacturer packaging. International shipments that contain customs declarations are NOT excluded from coverage."

3 REPLIES 3

Hey there @PSD

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'm glad to see that you've been in contact with our support team about this as well. We are absolutely looking into this. Once I have any sort of update or new info to share, i'll do so here so we are staying on the same page! 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

thegearattic
Contributor

We have been exluded from coverage.. in our case they kept moving the goal post and coming up with new requirements (most recently stating that the person completing the already ridiculous online affidavit had a different IP address than the delivery address..  so we left some truthful reviews about their sketchy tactics.  They asked us to edit remove the reviews and when we didn't they sent us a letter saying they would exclude us.  Shipstation should seriously consider one of the better providers like U-Pic or Shipcover as Shipsurance is an absolute scam.

Hello @thegearattic

Welcome to the community, we are so happy to have you here with us. 

I want to let you know that we have have seen your comments regarding Shipsurance. We're sorry to hear that you've had a negative experience. we take your feedback seriously and have shared it internally. 

-Erin: Your Friendly Neighborhood ShipStation Community Manager