cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option to select service when creating a return

Nigel
First-timer

Hi, I can process orders but when it comes to processing a return label I no long have the drop down menu to select a service. I have always used the same method and it's always worked fine, what could have happened since this morning?

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

SuperMgr-Sarah
Employee
Employee

Hi Nigel, 

Thanks for posting this issue. I was actually able to replicate it in my account as well but am not sure the cause. I've let our support team know but it looks like this is the first reported instance of the issue. I see you already have a support ticket open about this. You should receive a follow up email when we have more information.

Thanks!

Sarah H.
Austin, Tx

SuperMgr-Sarah
Employee
Employee

Hi @HmnEng!

If you are not seeing services appear in your Service drop-down when attempting to configure a shipment, there are a few things you can try right away: 

• First, log out and back into your ShipStation account. If the issue persists...
  • Clear your browser cache (if you are unsure how to do this on your browser, do a quick Google search for "Clear cache for browsername")
  • Alternately, you might try logging into a different browser (just to eliminate the option that it is a browser-related issue)
  • Check your carrier settings in ShipStation to ensure the services you wish to use are enabled (it's unlikely they'd be disabled unless someone logged into your account and did so manually - but still an easy quick check) - to do this, go to Settings > Shipping > Carriers. Check that there are services enabled here:

To ensure the desired services are enabled, just click the link. You can enable and disable any service so that only the services you plan to use appear in your Service drop-down.

The last thing to consider is that domestic services will only appear for Domestic shipments, and international services will only appear for International shipments. So, if you are looking at an international order but have no international services enabled, then no services would appear in the list. 

If none of these steps resolve your issue, you would definitely want to contact support so we could look into it. We have the ability to flush your account cache, which might resolve it, or there could be some other issue we need to look into. To access support you do need to go to the help center and be logged in so the support widget appears (the easiest way to do this is by clicking the Get Help option from the ShipStation help menu in the app - this sends you right to the help center and automatically logs you in at the same time). Or, you can always send an email to support@shipstation.com.

I hope this information is helpful!

Sarah H.
Austin, Tx