cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
BC-Shipping
Frequent Contributor

Why is it so much worse now? Every attempt to split a shipment freezes ShipStation and then ships the full shipment. After voiding the label, V3 finally splits the order. Then I have to close the order and re-open it just to see the remaining items to ship.

Is this just happening to me or are others having this issue?

Any suggestions on how to get it to work?

20 Comments
david_dean
Frequent Contributor

Shipstation - can you please let us know if you have any plans to address this?  I admit there is a lot of inertia that is keeping me (and everyone else still here, I assume) at Shipstation.  If you plan to fix these issues I'm sure we'll stick around.  But it seems like the plan is to ignore these issues and I'd like to know if that's the case so I can look for a different option with a clear conscience.

support186
New Contributor

Shipstation- please fix this! Your platform is basically unusable now as we are a wholesale company that ships large orders. We split often. This is ruining every integration and impacting our automated warehouse severely. Now we have different order numbers across platforms because our other systems are trying to make up for the fact that different orders share the same number. It's a mess. 

This should not be a feature that can just go away. It's crucial for warehouse and order management. 

Disappointing to see other comments already, some a month old, and no movement on this. 

GSC
Occasional Contributor

ShipStation, when are you going to reply to users regarding this issue?  There's at least 4 different threads across the forum pleading for help on this same issue.  You must realize how bad duplicate order numbers are right, you understand that this breaks most 3PL, financial, .. systems right?   Users must provide the ability to have different order numbers for split orders like v2. 

TRC
Occasional Contributor

Agreed. Even if I have split and shipped part of the shipment, when I go in to ship the other items it adds everything to the batch and I have to go in and remove what's already been shipped. The older version was so simple.

inkedgoddess
New Contributor

Forced to migrate over this week to the new platform and immediately ran into issues with this. Spent over an hour on chat with support for them to say, "Sorry. Go here and submit an idea..." which I'm seeing now this is a problem for a lot of businesses. It heavily impacts our subscription box business in a very negative way. Also, the multi-step process to even split an order is ridiculous. Before now, it took 2 clicks- now it's a whole process. Shipstation- please address this soon!

nick43
Regular Visitor

@david_dean @inkedgoddess @GSC @support186 @aandjcycles I've been emailing back and forth with support about this for a few weeks.  Laurin H., an Associate manager for merchant support offered to submit an internal request to have this escalated. ๐Ÿคž

This unique order ID problem breaks our integration with a WMS called SkuVault.  Our workflow is to export the orders numbers from ShipStation and paste them into SkuVault to start a wave picking session for the orders.  Since v3 we have been unable to pick backorders using that workflow because all we can see is the order number and there are now multiple shipments sharing the same order number.

When you split an order, ShipStation does generate a unique ID for each shipment -- internally it's called the fulfillmentPlanId -- they just don't expose that ID anywhere in the UI so folks like us could use it.  The only time it appears is after something has been marked shipped, at which point it is shown as the shipment ID on the Shipments screen.

I understand this problem of not being able to edit or see a unique order number for split orders effects each of us in slightly different ways. But the bottom line is that it's absurd to have shipments (split orders) without unique IDs. It's kind of a fundamental concept in data science, that everything is supposed to have a unique ID and this v3 is a textbook illustration of why!

david_dean
Frequent Contributor

And as usual all we're doing is chasing this basic functionality that existed in V2 for years.  They have the previous code!  We're not asking them to invent anything new!  I just cannot understand the complete lack of interest from Shipstation in fixing these problems.

Status changed to: In Progress

stalanian
New Contributor

I just had my first run-in with Splitting an order into two shipments (I am a new ShipStation user - came over from ShipWorks).  The splitting order feature is horrible!  It it;s current state I will never use it again. 

First of all, the order number remains the same.  I understand that so it can update your marketpolkace or website.  But why does the order get split and not just add a shipment to the order?  Why would any part of the order be moved to "Shipped" when the order is not complete?  1 of 2 got completed and it got moved to "Shipped."  Then that part of the order got auto-synced to Quickbooks.  Then I shipped part 2 of 2 that part of the order got moved to shipped but not synced to Quickbooks because the first order was already there. 

When splitting orders or adding shipments, I think that the order should not be moved to "shipped" until the order is fully complete.  And ShipStation should not break-out the order into multiple orders, but rather within an order we should be able to have multiple shipments.  But as long as there are items that have not shipped the order should remain in "Awaiting Shipment."