cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Combined Orders Marketplace Notifications Broken

Smedley
Occasional Contributor

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this. If you ship a combined Amazon order, Shipstation no longer is able to notify the marketplace. I'm told by Customer Service that this feature is no longer supported. This worked for years, and just stopped working yesterday. No communication from SS about this no longer being offered, even though it still works for other marketplaces (eBay, Etsy, Walmart, etc.). However, the SS batch process that runs to let you know which orders they suggest you combine is still running and includes Amazon orders. Even worse, under the Shipping tab, these orders are being marked as if the marketplace has been SUCCESSFULLY notified when in fact it hasn't. The only work-around is to go into Amazon Seller Central and, after you figure out which orders are impacted (not as easy as you'd think), you have to manually update each one. This is just one more thing in this system that has broken over time and will probably not be fixed. I have cases that are over a year old that I guess are now in their developers' black hole. I don't know if it's even worth adding another case to this pile. I'm beyond pissed.

10 REPLIES 10

Hey there @Smedley

Thank you for joining us here in the community. 

You are correct, the amazon integration does not support marketplace notification for combined and/or split orders at this time. You can check out this tip, and others, in our knowledge base article about Amazon Marketplace

If this becomes supported in the future, we will absolutely announce it! 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

Smedley
Occasional Contributor

I love how you act like this has been the case all along because it says so in your help documentation (that you have to dig to find). I'm sure you just added that to cover your butts when Amazon broke that feature. 

And who are you kidding? You won't announce it if you ever fix it. Your communication with your customers is non-existent. If you did communicate correctly, we'd have already gotten an email or at least a pop-up within SS telling us that you can't combine Amazon orders anymore instead of us scrambling to figure out what's going on.

adam90
Occasional Contributor

I 1000% agree here. We had to figure this out ourselves, the hard way, by realizing we had "late" orders in Amazon that we had actually combined and shipped. This worked for as long as I can remember prior to this change.

BearTone
Occasional Contributor

Exactly

i too had to learn this they hard way 😞 

@Smedley Could not have said it better!! Thank you!  @Moderator-Davis  this is something ShipStation needs to fix, pretty important function for those of us that sell on marketplaces (I’m guessing a pretty big chunk of your customers). Just another thing (for the growing list!) to make us wonder why we are still using ShipStation.

NickB14
Occasional Contributor

Not too sure if there are any major fixes that need to happen for other issues but this should be at the top of the list for minor fixes. Crazy how something that worked on an "old" version can not possibly work on the new one.

Hey yall! 

I have confirmed, and am very glad to report, that your combined orders should now notify Amazon for each of those orders, and no longer just the "surviving" order number! Thank you all for your patience while we worked with Amazon to resolve this behavior. 

If you run into any examples of this in the future, please reach out to our support team directly so that we can investigate directly.

Happy Shipping! 🙂 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

mhuber
Occasional Contributor

Hey Smedley,

I actually just noticed that we had two orders from the same customer this morning and we did not receive an alert through ShipStation to combine those orders.  I have a case in right now to see why our alerts that have prompted "consider combining" for years are no longer notifying us. 

You are saying that when you you combine orders the marketplace is not being notified of both shipments?! WHAT?!  I have three open cases at this time with SS.  I feel your frustration. 

Smedley
Occasional Contributor

I just NOW got another "combine orders" for a couple of Amazon orders. So, their batch process that looks for "same address orders" is still looking at Amazon orders. What's messed up is that it doesn't look at Walmart marketplace orders, but these can be combined and there's no issue notifying Walmart when they ship. 

Smedley
Occasional Contributor

One thing I should have mentioned. We're still combining orders, and manually entering the tracking in Seller Central. However, when you try this, you get an error message that the tracking number has already been used. Right now, if you just hit the submit button again, it will take it.