cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenCart orders not importing and bug

OC_3x
First-timer

I connected my OpenCart store to my ShipStation account.  My orders were not importing properly.  Tech support was not able to help.  While I was waiting to hear from senior tech support, I found the problem.  I'm making this post so that it might help others and to bring this issue to ShipStation's attention so hopefully they can fix the bug as well as update their troubleshooting instructions to include this issue.

The problem is that the orders in my OpenCart store have a status of 'Complete' when they are ready to be shipped. However, I didn't have a status of 'Complete' assigned in my OpenCart Marketplace section in ShipStation. Part of the problem is that the instructions for adding additional order statuses and the entry field for adding Awaiting Shipment Statuses or On Hold Statuses is not included on the Set Up Store Connection screen (when adding a new connection or editing an existing connection). However, if you go to Settings > Store Setup > Edit Store Details > Edit OpenCart Settings (bottom of General tab) then you will see the instructions for adding additional order statuses and the entry fields for Awaiting Shipment Statuses and On Hold Statuses.

I think that this is probably a bug and not intentional. I believe that the same information that is included on the Modify Marketplace Settings screen [Settings > Store Setup > Edit Store Details > Edit OpenCart Settings (bottom of General tab)] should also be included on the Set Up Store Connection screen [Settings > Store Setup > Edit Connection]. In fact, (here is the part that is a bug) if I go to the Modify Marketplace Settings screen and add ', Complete' to the Awaiting Shipment Statuses section and save it and later go to the Set Up Store Connection screen, enter my information, and save it, it will remove the ', Complete' from the Awaiting Shipment Statuses section (again, the Awaiting Shipment Statuses section is not visible on the Set Up Store Connection screen so it's not possible to reenter ', Complete' for the Awaiting Shipment Statuses section)

I think that in addition to fixing the bug described above, information about this should be included in ShipStation articles such as the OpenCart Integrations Help Guide and the Troubleshoot Missing Orders.

Settings > Store Setup > Edit ConnectionSettings > Store Setup > Edit Connection

Settings > Store Setup > Edit Store Details > Edit OpenCart Settings (bottom of General tab)Settings > Store Setup > Edit Store Details > Edit OpenCart Settings (bottom of General tab)

Settings > Store Setup > Edit Store Details > Edit OpenCart Settings (bottom of General tab)Settings > Store Setup > Edit Store Details > Edit OpenCart Settings (bottom of General tab)

0 REPLIES 0